Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

FS: 2004 S4, 13700 miles, 6spd, excellent condition, NYC area

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Default FS: 2004 S4, 13700 miles, 6spd, excellent condition, NYC area

I joined this forum just to try and sell this car here. My name is Grant. The car belongs to my father Larry, who drove the car gently throughout its life, mainly on weekends.

He purchased it new from the dealer in early 2005. It is Brilliant Red on Ebony black leather, with the premium package, multi-function steering wheel, bose sound, heated seats, and standard transmission. Also included is a high quality car cover which has a custom fit and kept the car dry all of last winter. As you all know, the car is a fantastic performer. This particular one is flawless except for curb rash on the wheels, which is hard to avoid with these wheels since they are not at all recessed from the tires. We are selling the car because we need to get something more practical, as our Passat wagon is nearing the end of its useful life. As I write this the car has 13690 miles on it, but we continue to drive it every so often. I put a few pictures up at http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa245/04AudiS4/ I have many more pics if anyone is interested, and am perfectly willing to take pictures of specific areas of the car upon request.

We have been listing the car on autotrader for months now for $38,000, and every few days we get a call from someone who sounds interested and then offers us 28k to 32k, because thats what edmunds.com says its worth or thats what kelley wrote in her blue book. I am putting this car up here because I am looking for a buyer who knows that this car is worth more than a fully loaded Camry, and wants it because it is a great car and not (only) because it has 340hp. Thats all we ever hear: "Is it fast?" Of course its fast! Also, the other cars on autotrader (being sold by dealers mainly) have double or triple the miles on them, and they want 36-40k. Here is a chance to have a car with one year of easy use on it for $15,000 below sticker. If you can think of anything I can do to get this kind of money for this car, please post and let me know! I would really appreciate it. Hopefully, someone here will be willing to cough up the dough.

Please private message me if you are interested in seeing the car or finding out more information about it. I am about 25 minutes from New York City in NJ, and can easily be reached from the parkway, the turnpike, 280, 78, route 24, route 22, and 287. If you want to buy the car from a distance without seeing it first, and have it shipped to you, I am perfectly willing to do that as well, but we would need to find some sort of legitimate third party willing to facilitate the transaction. Maybe others here on the forum can recommend a good way to go about this.

Thanks for reading my ad!

-Grant