Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

Looking to trade my E46 BMW M3 for an S4...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Looking to trade my E46 BMW M3 for an S4...

I really regret having to post this car up for sale! I absolutely LOVE driving this car more than anything. I'm not doing it because I need money, I'm actually doing it because I bought this car with the intention of it being a fun weekend driver (which it is). However, I have a family and what I am starting to realize is I would have been better off buying an M5 or something like an Audi S4 that has 4 doors but a lot of power as well. The M3 is loads of fun but the lack of 4 doors is making it kind of a pain in the butt to have fun with for the whole family. It would be much easier with 4 doors so I could just open the back, put a car seat in and call it a day. That being said, once I sell this my goal is to try and find an M5 or an S4.

Anyhow, the car in question is a 2003 M3. It is Carbon Black with Black leather interior. I bought the car from the original owner who purchased it brand new from Kuni BMW in 2003. The previous owner had the car optioned out from the dealer, and I mean he ordered EVERY option you could. The car has the cold weather package, premium package, factory navigation, and every other option you could get including the ultra-rare rear sunshade and the rear airbags as well.

The car has 123XXX miles. I never used the car as a daily driver. It has always been garaged and only driven about 2 times a month. The previous owner recently had the following maintenance done to the car before selling it to me:

- SMG pumps replaced
- Valves adjusted
- VANOS rebuilt

Since owning the car I have spent over 2k (I have receipts to prove it) at ECS Tuning replacing every single worn piece on the car. By 'worn' I mean things like the center console, ashtrays, inner door handles, trim pieces, etc. Now when you get in the car it's literally like a brand spankin' new car. I kid you not, the ONLY (and I do mean ONLY) wear on the car interior at all is the bolsters on the drivers seat which aren't that bad (no rips, tears, or anything like that), just normal for their age.

The exterior of the car is flawless. Not a single dent anywhere on the car nor is there any damage whatsoever. The ONLY thing wrong with the exterior is that there are numerous rock chips on the bumper so if it were me I would have the bumper repainted. Other than that though it's literally flawless.

I added the OE ZCP wheels (they aren't replicas, they're real) to the car. I bought the wheels brand new from Tischer BMW for $1700 and then had Michelin PSS tires installed (factory sizes) for $1000. The tires have 10 miles on them, not even kidding. The rims and tires are brand spanking new. There are honest to god only 10 miles on the wheels and tires as I am writing this to they're as flawless as can be, not even any brake dust on them.

The only modifications to the car are as follows:

- Koni adjustable shocks
- Eibach springs
- VF Engineering Alpha-N hex tune (good for up to 35 whp, dyno proven)

The car has been coded with the following:

- CSL transmission software
- M-Track mode
- One Click FOB key unlock
- Highbeams on with lows
- Foglights on with high beams

That's it as far as modifications and coding go.

The car runs amazing, it drives excellent, and there are no oil leaks whatsoever. The car has been claybared, polished, waxed, and it has never seen a single day of rain since I've owned it. The car sparkles like brand new and the paint is in unbelievable condition, honestly.

There are absolutely ZERO issues with this car. It's fast, it's fun, and it's a blast to drive. Don't let the mileage fool you, this car runs like a top and all it would take is repainting the front bumper and you'd have a cream puff.

I have a CLEAN Oregon title which is in my name and ready to go. I am located in Portland, Oregon and I am happy to have anyone come by and checkout the car. More importantly, I am happy to ship the car as well to any potentially interested buyers as long as the buyer arranges and pays for shipping.

I am going to stick to my price of 16k for now and I'm not going to budge one bit. I have money so selling this car isn't something that needs to happen today or anytime soon. To be quite honest with you I wouldn't mind if it didn't sell at all since I really do enjoy driving the car.

If you're interested please call or text me at 503.701.5752.

As I mentioned above, we're only really interested in an S4 (or some sort of S model). It has to be 4 doors because that's mostly what we're after.