Archive - Vehicles for Sale Post your vehicles for sale.

Sportwagen '94 100S w/'92 partscar- NOT Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Default Sportwagen '94 100S w/'92 partscar- NOT Quattro

1994 pearl white 100 S wagon with 175000 miles for sale. Automatic, of course. This is a great running car- temps have been as low as negative 10 degrees in Southern WI the last couple of days and this baby starts right up. I bought the car about a year ago, I've put roughly 15k on it since. After I owned the wagon for a couple of months, I located a 1992 100 S sedan (Ebay, anyone?) with a blown engine (car was loaned by its former ownerto a "friend" who didn't notice the idiot light on the dash, which of course was illuminated specifically for aforementioned idiot, indicating a coolant hose had blown and the contents of the cooling systemwere spewing all over and leaving a trail following the car right up to the point where the idiot undoubtedly thought "gee, wonder why the car's dying"? I didn't even own the car at the timeand the scenario irritates me. But I digress....)

Anyway, the 1992 which aside from its now melted underhood lump had been very nice, became my parts car which I have harvested many things from for use in the 1994 wagon. Good stuff. Here's what the wagon now has, compliments of the parts car

- H & R lowering springs, with Boge dampers- cool look, dampers not too stiff, good ride
- clear front turn signal lenses
- carpet (grey) was transferred to wagon to replace fairly soiled (white) carpeting
- pwr driver's seat (yes, grey) to replace very poor condition white leather seat, so poor I've tossed it
- K & N air filter
- some interior bits & pieces, mainly kick panels, sill plates (or whatever you call 'em) that hold the carpet edges down
- instrument cluster transferred to wagon, because the one in the wagonhad cracks-so the mileage shows as exactly 50K less (I'm not kidding-and I remember the numbers-when I got the parts car, its odometer read 121789- I drove the wagon until its odometer was exactly 171789- it involved driving back & forth up & down the road a couple times but, that's when I switched out the cluster) Seems silly, yes, but I figured it'd be easy then to always know the true mileage....

There are plenty of other things that could be harvested from the 1992.

The wagon is a good solid car but not a creampuff. More details on it:

- Driver's front fender has slight wrinkle to it, related to the front bumper cover, which appears to have, at some point, run into something, maybe a tall curb or more, which has left it tweaked on the lower edge and likely tweaked the fender at the same time. The same pieces on the parts car are perfect, but in grey, and my thoughts were to transfer them to the wagon this coming spring, getting them painted or maybe just doing a nice quickie Maaco job on the whole car. The fender and bumper cover on the wagon really don't look bad, not terribly misshapen, protruberant, or anything like that. Just not straight like they could be. Overall, the pearl paint on the car has seen considerably better days, it's obviously *not* been a garage queen at any point in its life. But, God love 'em, these cars are not even capable of rust.....

- As far as the rest of the body on the wagon, it has I think maybe 2 tiny door dings in it, one small indent near the gas cap, and one other spot on the driver's side above the rear wheel where it looks like something was dropped on the side of the car and left a straight line minor indent about 4 inches long. Car was parked at my ex-wife's house, which was having construction done on it at the time, lots of boards, supplies, materials being moved around, and I came out one morning to find that indent. Funny, no one mentioned a thing to me about it......bastards. All issues could be addressed by the paintless dent repair people, but I've never looked into it.

Lessee- what else.....wagon currently has no tunes, I have a unit to install, never got to it when it was warm, too freakin' cold right now, but that goes with it.....windshield needs replacing, the one in the parts car is good, though I don't know the feasibility of removing and reinstalling it, prob'ly better to just get a new one put in.....the windshield washer bottle leaks (right where the washer motor goes into the bottle,I took it off twice to try to get it to seal, I'd put it back together and it would last a day or 2 before starting to leak again, I never got back to it- so when you start the car, the washer light shows up on the instrument panel- because the bottle's empty-you can press a button to shut it off if you don't want to look at it though- yeah, that needs to be addressed if you do alot of driving following other cars that are spewing salt spray up onto your windshield.....I do my best to avoid that....) OH yeah, here's a fun one- the driver controls ALL the power windows, (tee hee!) as none of the other switches on the other doors do anything!! I don't really know if the car was like this when I got it, I did not actually check at the time.....and I wonder if it has anything to do with the lock button on the driver's door (that lets you disable the other switches on PURPOSE)- regardless, for me, my main passengers are always my 5 & 7 yr old daughters, so it works for me....they love riding in the very rear seat anyway, despite it now being illegal with new nanny state legislation. I still let 'em, in town, short trips.....

Check engine light comes on after driving for awhile. Turns off again sometimes. I ignore. Engine runs great, very strong, transmission shifts well, no problems. Brakes are good, and I just put new pads on the rear and new brake fluid. Car drives straight down the road. Sunroof works fine. Tires are good.

I can't think of anything else. Selling why? Well, y'know- I'm modernizing a bit (that's definitely a relative term for me & cars) as I have a '98 A4 Avant Quattro waiting for me to come fetch it. Though I spent a lot of time last summer on the 1994 wagon (switching the carpet- THAT was waaay more fun than I anticipated!) the reality is, I tend to bore fairly quickly with my daily drivers- my one prior to this was a perfectly good '99 Passat, but then I guess I wanted a car that "needed" me more, thus leading me to the purchase of the '94, and I guess it was the quest for funds generation subsequent to divorce as well that led to the Passat's liquidation- neither here, nor there, nor anywhere else and I'm boring the hell out of anyone reading this! That's why I buy used/relatively cheap- get the use, make no payments, blah blah de blah.

$1800/offerboth.

I have some pics taken last summer, not specificallyof car butwith car in the photo- let me know if you want to see them. If I take pics right now it will look like a giant salt lick, and with the temps right now, washing the caris a definite no can do.OK- actually, I'm uploading the one I have- the bestI can do- thought I had others, but I don't. Give me a call if you're interested- Todd 608-577-6555. Thanks.