Audi A2 This compact Audi A2 offers a lightweight aluminum structure which allows the small yet efficient engine to offer performance comparable to others in its class.

Help I'm at the end of my tether (and budget)

Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Default Help I'm at the end of my tether (and budget)

Hi

I think other people have posted questions about this but for other "varieties".
If anyone has any ideas on how my problem can be solved that would be great.

I have had my A2 (1.4 SE) for 4 years and been really delighted with it until about 1 year ago.

Basically, like others who have posted, I have a problem with the engine. I have been unhappy with its performance for more than 18 months but AUDI could never find a problem with it. Over 1 year ago I was driving to Scotland and the engine management light came on. It then went off and everything seemed OK.

Then some 4-6 months later the light began to flash on and off, usually after a period of idling. The engine would then deliver very little acceleration and was very juddery. The light would then go on fully and the power would be better but not great.

I have had several thousand pounds worth of "treatment" done to no avail - coil packs replaced, engine flush and the CAM following replaced on number 2 cylinder. I feel like I am paying for the technicians to be trained to fix my car. On one occasion I was told that they would have to eliminate potential causes in order to find the root of mine - at some considerable expense to myself. Although AUDI have given me a contriburion of £250 towards the parts and a small reduction in the labour charge for the last visit I still ended up paying £1600 to be no better off.

But my problem is still there and I have no inclination to return to AUDI again as they don't seem to be able to solve the problem.

It has been suggested that the entire EMS may need replacing if they can't think of anything else - but of course if this doesn't work I am another £3-4 K out of pocket and stuck with a car that is quite frankly dangerous. I can't sell it as its a lemon.

Any thoughts?