Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

??? 04 A4 1.8T or 06 A3 2.0T???

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 AM
1st Gear
Question ??? 04 A4 1.8T or 06 A3 2.0T???

so i was gonna get one and i need some opinions on which i should get... or which you guys believe is a better deal or car...

2006 Audi A3 2.0T
Price: $13,667
Engine: 2.0L
Transmission: Auto
Ext. Color:Brilliant Black
Int. Color: Light Gray
Mileage: 52,414

OR

2004 A4 1.8T
Price: $14,990
Mileage: 30,382
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Tan
Engine: 1.8L I4
Transmission: AUTO
Drivetrain: FWD
w/ Audi warranty till late 2011

thanks a lot audi heads :P.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

really the 06 has more mileage and is cheaper? with no warranty? but the 04 does? till 2011? you didn't mix those up did you?

personally i can't say i drove the 04 but i love my 06 it has been great very fun car to drive the only downside is that it was a bit more thirsty then i thought it would be.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

No everything is correct. So I'm stuck in between and the a4 has the painted back bumbers not the ugly black kind haha. So you love you're A3? Any know problems or recalls on them??

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by STAUDI
No everything is correct. So I'm stuck in between and the a4 has the painted back bumbers not the ugly black kind haha. So you love you're A3? Any know problems or recalls on them??

Thanks.
it has been great, good pick up handles great good storage with the hatchback, also somehow my insurance company thought it was cheaper to insure then an a4 with the same engine go figure lol, i had one problem with the flap motor on the turbo but the dealer fixed it for free it was a factory recalled part that has been replaced on most 06's i think they made the change over mid way through production so if it was made in the later part of the year almost like a 06.5 it has been fixed. otherwise can't complain i have done 5000 km's so far and besides needed to buy winter tires because its crazy not to have them in Canada everything has been fine.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info. Haha I have to call mine, maybe they'll say the dame thing! Haha.

I've always liked the A4 but I saw a nice A3 and since it's a new model and it would look newer side a4 has changed twice in 3 or 4 yrs.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

That's a no-brainer; the A3 is much more fun, more reliable and a better deal - assuming these are both stand up, good condition cars.
And yes,most insurance companies are cheaper on the A3 than on similar cars like A4 or GTI -particularly if it's DSG, they're rated as an econo wagon. My full coverage insurance is only like $50/month - cheaper than my wife's 7 year old Volvo sedan.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hesaputz
That's a no-brainer; the A3 is much more fun, more reliable and a better deal - assuming these are both stand up, good condition cars.
And yes,most insurance companies are cheaper on the A3 than on similar cars like A4 or GTI -particularly if it's DSG, they're rated as an econo wagon. My full coverage insurance is only like $50/month - cheaper than my wife's 7 year old Volvo sedan.
yeah a 2008 VW jetta with the same engine was going to be 60 bucks more a month even though same engine and transmission i was surprised. its a perk of owning the A3

Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

are you serious around $50 a month!? Wow tahts great! Haha. What insurance copmany is that? Well I was kind of leaning twords a A3 but it's funny cause I've never really been a real big fan of hatchbacks. Haha.

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tdotA3mike
yeah a 2008 VW jetta with the same engine was going to be 60 bucks more a month even though same engine and transmission i was surprised. its a perk of owning the A3
haha then dang I might as well go through and get the A3 because that's what I was worried about more than anything. Plus I'm sure I can work the price down a lil more . So can you tell me what your likes and dislikes about it? Got any pics of yours? It's gonna pretty much be exactly like you yours

Old 12-23-2008, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by STAUDI
haha then dang I might as well go through and get the A3 because that's what I was worried about more than anything. Plus I'm sure I can work the price down a lil more . So can you tell me what your likes and dislikes about it? Got any pics of yours? It's gonna pretty much be exactly like you yours
to be honest i have only had the car for 3 months and i love it so as of right now i can't say i have many dislikes, i guess one would be that it being a hatchback there isn't that much space compared to a golf at least i find there isn't, also the back seats are tight for people who ride in the back i am told, but that came from my friend who is 6' 6" soo allot of cars are tight for him lol. Likes: what isn't to love about the car? it has soo much low end torque and can easily handle allot of civics on the road and leave them way behind surprised, the DSG tranny is very good very responsive its the best automatic i have ever used and the car handles very well, the build quality seems to be good you can't beat the interior of an audi its soo clean and a wonderful place to be in everyday if it has "open sky" sunroof your in for a treat its a great thing especially on a summers cruise at night. i don't have that many pixs but i will post what i have.

aha my car is so clean in these pixs its not like that now damn winter!

Last edited by tdotA3mike; 12-23-2008 at 01:49 AM.

Search this Thread