Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

06 or 07

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Default 06 or 07

Hi there, new to the forum and all that
Planning on getting a 2.0T and have been looking on the audi canada website for a while, which led to a couple of questions hope to get some answers/suggestions

First off, whats the major differences between the 06 and 07 a3's? Hope they fixed those ripping leather seats
This is my first encounter with audi's so i have no idea about their servicing, oh yeah heard they're going to make that warranty a $700 option.

Before i forget, which did you guys go for, the sport package or the premium; I plan on getting the open sky either way.

Oh and whats the diff between the two xenons??

ugh, can't remember some other stuff i was wondering about, oh well, i'll scrounge around and see if anything pops up

whoops, about chipping the 2.0T i heard it wears down the car a lot, that true?

*oh yeah any pics of the 07 is welcome, for some reason i suck at googling for 07 a3 pics
and uh, time im planning on getting the a3 is mid sept to early oct this year, if that matters, got an email from the dealership saying they're "clearing" the 06's
and price DOES matter for me

-George

Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 06 or 07

I also have all those same questions as you do.
Planning to get my A3 end of Sept beginning of Oct.
There arent many 2006 A3's in my area here in New Jersey.
Went to Paul Miller and Jack Daniel Audi dealer's and only have 1 or 2 2006 A3's.
And none have just Premium package and open-sky. Just Sport package with cloth seats and NO OPEN SKY. So, I waited and went back to the dealerships last weekend, and still NO 2007 A3's around yet.

I have only saw 1 or 2 A3's on the road in the past 6 months here, so there arent many around.
And that is also another reason why the A3's intrigue me so much, not many people have them.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

I'm from New Jersey and just got my 2006 A3 2.0T about three months ago.
I had to bring my car from West Virginia to fit all my specs as a dealer swop.
I guess the downside of that was I got a car with 1000 miles on it to begin with because they actually had to drive that thing to new jersey because no truckers were willing to come to NJ from WV.
But, it runs great and I love it.
My options are...

sport package
weather package
Navi
Bose

but no open sky.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:30 PM
1st Gear

Hey new 07 owner here!

Red, sport package, sky....just last friday. About 600 miles on it so far and zero problems, 29.56MPG and cruising at 80MPH!!!!!

Shoot for an 07....I paid $350 for the service package and $400 over invoice. Sweet deal so far!!!

There are deals on 06's but you have to take whats left....they want to move them. My dealer said that most of his cars are out on leases and customers want 2007 vrs the 06's.... hammer them on price for an 06!!!!

Old 08-25-2006, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Butabara

Hi there, new to the forum and all that
Planning on getting a 2.0T and have been looking on the audi canada website for a while, which led to a couple of questions hope to get some answers/suggestions

First off, whats the major differences between the 06 and 07 a3's? Hope they fixed those ripping leather seats
This is my first encounter with audi's so i have no idea about their servicing, oh yeah heard they're going to make that warranty a $700 option.
Main differences are in the packages offered. Sport for 07 is S-Line, which includes the nicer looking bumpers(IMO), and s-line badging, tech package now includes trip computer and can be had on a s-line(sport) model, in 06, you can't get xeon and trip computer together.

Before i forget, which did you guys go for, the sport package or the premium; I plan on getting the open sky either way.
I got s-line(sport) for the suspension and bumpers. looks nicer, and I really like the firmer ride. also, the seat bolstering is deeper and more supportive, but less cushy.

Oh and whats the diff between the two xenons??
previously you could get xenon or bi-xenon. xenon uses halogen for high beams, bi-xenon has a little flap that deflects light upward for the xenon high beams, more uniformed look. overall, its a minor difference.

-George

Old 08-25-2006, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear

NEWBIE A3 SPORT 2.0 LAVA GREY 3 DAYS OLD IT TOOK ME TWO WEEKS TO GET MINE .
THE REASON FOR THE WAIT WERE THE 19' AXIS HIROS GUNMETAL WHEEL W/ HANKOOK 225 35'S
GHL EXHAUST AND CARBONIO INTAKE THE CAR IS AMAZING LOOKING AND FEELING.
IN TWO WEEKS THE CHIP IS GOING IN THE SERVICE COST ME 500 BUCKS EXTRA AND THE 06 CAN GET YOU AN EXTRA GRAND OR 1500 OF REBATES BUT THE 07 FRONT LOOKS SO MUCH MORE INTIMIDATING, OH I FORGOR TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE H&R SPRINGS THAT LOWERED THE CAR 1.5 ' THE CAR IS SO FAST RIGHT NOW I CANT WAIT FOR THE CHIP ALL MY FRIENDS ARE AMAZED BY THE POWER AND THE DSG PADDLE SHIFTERS SORRY I'M RAMBLING ON I'M JUST EXCITED AS HELL. WILL POST PICS LATER ON TODAY CHECK BACK FOR MY A3 PICS SEE YA

OH BY THE WAY I'M IN THE MIAMI AREA FL.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: stryker

NEWBIE A3 SPORT 2.0 LAVA GREY 3 DAYS OLD IT TOOK ME TWO WEEKS TO GET MINE .
THE REASON FOR THE WAIT WERE THE 19' AXIS HIROS GUNMETAL WHEEL W/ HANKOOK 225 35'S
GHL EXHAUST AND CARBONIO INTAKE THE CAR IS AMAZING LOOKING AND FEELING.
IN TWO WEEKS THE CHIP IS GOING IN THE SERVICE COST ME 500 BUCKS EXTRA AND THE 06 CAN GET YOU AN EXTRA GRAND OR 1500 OF REBATES BUT THE 07 FRONT LOOKS SO MUCH MORE INTIMIDATING, OH I FORGOR TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE H&R SPRINGS THAT LOWERED THE CAR 1.5 ' THE CAR IS SO FAST RIGHT NOW I CANT WAIT FOR THE CHIP ALL MY FRIENDS ARE AMAZED BY THE POWER AND THE DSG PADDLE SHIFTERS SORRY I'M RAMBLING ON I'M JUST EXCITED AS HELL. WILL POST PICS LATER ON TODAY CHECK BACK FOR MY A3 PICS SEE YA

OH BY THE WAY I'M IN THE MIAMI AREA FL.
Pictures would be very nice. Share the wealth.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

Pics are nice....knowing where the caps-lock key is nicer. Knowing how to use the caps-lock key might bring world peace.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:40 PM
2nd Gear

mr falcompsx is a little **** about the caps lock key i'll be a little more correct next time.[8D]

Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 AM

yaaa pics please
i really should drop by the dealership to get a brochure for the 07s, too lazy to go [:'(]