Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Is 06 sports suspension different from 07+ Slines???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Default Is 06 sports suspension different from 07+ Slines???

I am getting mixed info that the 06 sports are the same as the
Sline packages- but then someone had mentioned that the 06 sports are taller than the sline suspensions (us version)???

thanks in advance..

anyone has a photo of their A3 06 w/ sports on 17 or 18s?

e

Old 04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Is 06 sports suspension different from 07+ Slines???

not sure if sports = s-line...but here's my s-line pre-coils on 18s

Name:  IMG_1134small.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  49.9 KB

Old 04-22-2008, 06:35 PM

hmmn.. well considering that-at leastthat gap is a lot better than what the Premiums [suspensions] offer... thanks for the pic..

e

Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 AM
1st Gear

3 piece OEM ftw!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

yea, if only they weren't as jacked up as mine...curb rash everywhere. need to have them redone. what do you guys think about in black or gunmetal!?!?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Here's a photo of my '06 Sport with new 17" wheels (still working on Audi center caps for these wheels):

Old 04-24-2008, 01:31 PM

dfrost,
Thanks for your pic.
I actually had the sports suspension installed on my 07 A3 which had Premiums. I just wanted to rid of some gap upfront- and the sports suspension from an 06 did the job. Ride comfort is fairly the same with the Premiums, just a bit tighter, and that's what's important for me since i use this car as a daily driver too.
RS4 reps going up soon!
e

Old 04-24-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tiptronic

dfrost,
Thanks for your pic.
I actually had the sports suspension installed on my 07 A3 which had Premiums. I just wanted to rid of some gap upfront- and the sports suspension from an 06 did the job. Ride comfort is fairly the same with the Premiums, just a bit tighter, and that's what's important for me since i use this car as a daily driver too.
RS4 reps going up soon!
e

Tiptronic, did you install the euro S-line springs as well? I have the premium pkg/base suspension too, and the more I look at those gaps, the more I think my A3 look like a dunebuggy...... >.<

Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: omnimofo

ORIGINAL: tiptronic

[align=left]dfrost,[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Thanks for your pic. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I actually had the sports suspension installed on my 07 A3 which had Premiums. I just wanted to rid of some gap upfront- and the sports suspension from an 06 did the job. Ride comfort is fairly the same with the Premiums, just a bit tighter, and that's what's important for me since i use this car as a daily driver too.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]RS4 reps going up soon![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]e[/align]

Tiptronic, did you install the euro S-line springs as well? I have the premium pkg/base suspension too, and the more I look at those gaps, the more I think my A3 look like a dunebuggy...... >.<
NO these are USversion-and i got it for $50 from anotherA3er thatswitch to H&Rs.iI was concerned that the ride might become to stiff for me- i dont want to go through the same thing i went with my passat looking for that lowered, but , nice ride-- but i'm surprised that its not really harsh, just firmer,but supple i suppose.. It got rid of at least an inch" upfront and that was what i was aiming for since I drive my car at times to a badly engineered roads and did not want to worry about scraping and and other issues
e

Old 04-24-2008, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, Tiptronic. So all you did was swapping out the stock springs for the s-line springs? (Apologize for being a pain)

Quick Reply: Is 06 sports suspension different from 07+ Slines???