Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

11-99 foundation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear
Default 11-99 foundation

Well living in california I see A LOT of fast cars with this lisence plate frame or almost all of them. I did some research and came across a ton of people who said it got them out of tickets and stuff. But... at a $1800 membership fee its a little pricey which may be why only the lambos, ferraris, carrera gt's, and all the rest of the high end cars have them. Just wondering if anyone had any cop friends or anything and knew what they thought about them. Thought it was pretty interesting and wondered if it was true.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 11-99 foundation

lol. I've never really seen it. Or I just don't pay attention to plates. That is funny though. I would sat $1800 is steep but if you keep the plate for many years its not to bad. I wonder if the certificate they give you has a date on it though.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 AM
1st Gear

ohh found this.

http://zo-d.com/stuff/automotive/chp...s-stripes.html

according to this you an no longer do this =x

Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
1st Gear

No im like 99% positive its still up. If it wasn't I don't think everyone would still have these plate covers. Im sure if you called and asked you could all the guy there is saying the websites taken off and he isnt 100% sure. Yea if you have the money why not I guess. My buddy had one and got radared going 110 and the cop wrote him down for 95 because of the badge next to his lisence they give you and the lisence plate.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
1st Gear

They don't sell the plates anymore that say 11-99 Foundation. There were some groups that were complaining it is akin to buying a "get out of jail free card". But if you go to a CHP office, you should be able to still get information on how to sign up for it. I knew someone at a past client of mine do this literally 6 months ago.

When I do see the plate holder on a car driving down 280, some drive within the limits of the law, some drive a bit "spirited". But I haven't seen anyone with it driving reckless and dangerously yet. I think the Foundation in itself is a good idea. The potential for abuse, however, is inherently part of it. But if you got $1800 to burn on it, go for it. Having a radar detector is cheaper and introduces preventative actions in your driving too.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
L7
1st Gear

We have something kind of like that around the Washington, DC areas. Get's you out of tickets and so on. Let's you drive pretty well like how you please.
They are called 'Diplomat' tags.