Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2008 A3 2.0T Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 AM
1st Gear
Default 2008 A3 2.0T Order Guide

The 2008 A3 Order Guide/Option specs was released on Friday, April 20th. Here's the run down:

WQB - S Line Package - the same
PPD - Premium Package - the same

PPX - Convenience Package (replaces Technology) - Auto-dimming interior mirror w/compass, Rain/Light Sensor (requires PPD or WQB)

PBS - Sound Package - the same
PAW - Cold Weather Pkg - the same

So no more Technology Package - if you want Bi-xenon headlights (PX3) or Bluetooth Phone Prep (9ZG), they are now Stand Alone Options. And you are required to have the (PPX) Convenience Package, if you want to get Bi-xenon's.

There is no pricing information yet, but you can place orders now. My order is being placed tomorrow!

Old 04-24-2007, 03:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2008 A3 2.0T Order Guide

ORIGINAL: Monkeyboy

The 2008 A3 Order Guide/Option specs was released on Friday, April 20th. Here's the run down:

PPX - Convenience Package (replaces Technology) - Auto-dimming interior mirror w/compass, Rain/Light Sensor (requires PPD or WQB)
So no more Technology Package - if you want Bi-xenon headlights (PX3) or Bluetooth Phone Prep (9ZG), they are now Stand Alone Options. And you are required to have the (PPX) Convenience Package, if you want to get Bi-xenon's.
The auto-dimming mirror w/compass, was offered initially in 2007 and then quickly yanked by AudiUSA. It was available in Europe. I wonder if these option specs are accurate for USA? There must be more to the convenience package then the mirror?
The 2007 technology package was the adaptive bi-xeon lights, auto-dimming mirror, and bluetooth phone prep.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

Saw this text on AudiWorld Forums but not specific to Europe or USA location (we know how that works)
A3 2.0T
-S-Line is same as 2007 but will now include POWER DRIVER SEAT along with sport seats
-Convenience Package: Auto-dimming mirror with compass, Auto headlights and rain sensing wipers
-Sound Package: Bose, CD changer, Sirius Radio
-Cold Weather package: same as 07
-TITANIUM PACKAGE: Piano Black trim, black styling grille and window trim, 18" 7 double spoke wheels (RS4), black headliner
-Bluetooth (now as a stand alone option)
-Heated front seats (not available with cold weather package)
-ipod interface
-Nav Plus with CD changer OR
-Nav Plus with ippod
-Bi xenon adaptive headlights (now stand alone)
-18" 5 spoke wheels available for S-Line
-Dark Walnut wood available for Premium Package
-Manual Rear Side Shades (they are back!!)

Light Silver is replaced by Ice Silver and Sprint Blue is back on the Order Guide (for S-Line only!)

A3 3.2 is the same, except no wood available as it comes with the S-Line.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 AM
1st Gear

WOW - I missed the S Line to include Power Front Driver Seat (includes 4-way power lumbar). To me that's (big) good news... and makes my order change to the S Line now!

The Order Guide slipped that in as the last item... nobody at the dealer has even picked that up yet.

My only question to everyone - is the convenience package worth it... if all I care about Auto headlights? I guess I could get use to reaching down and turning the switch again.

Thank you JohnS1 for catching that on Audiworld. Regarding the US/Europe location specific... I have in my hand the USA Order Guide... and everything posted is exactly how it's listed on the guide.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:35 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Monkeyboy

WOW - I missed the S Line to include Power Front Driver Seat (includes 4-way power lumbar). To me that's (big) good news... and makes my order change to the S Line now!

The Order Guide slipped that in as the last item... nobody at the dealer has even picked that up yet.

My only question to everyone - is the convenience package worth it... if all I care about Auto headlights? I guess I could get use to reaching down and turning the switch again.

Thank you JohnS1 for catching that on Audiworld. Regarding the US/Europe location specific... I have in my hand the USA Order Guide... and everything posted is exactly how it's listed on the guide.
Also thanks go to you Monkeyboy for alerting us first to the new option specs for 2008 A3's! [sm=smiley20.gif]
IMHO the convenience package combined with the bi xenon lights is pure luxury as well as making it more safe to drive in poor conditions such as bad weather and night driving. The adaptive xenon lights will turn as you head into a curve to display whats down the road, in some instances this can save you from a collision with a animal or something else. The auto light mode with rain sensing wipers is a nice touch...you get spoiled by having this feature...but still you don't need this package if you just want a plain Audi A3!

Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 AM
1st Gear

Does anybody know where I can see a picture of the Titanium Package??

Old 04-25-2007, 05:25 AM
1st Gear

damn!! titanium package sounds great! Power seats....BOO!!!! I hate em.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:36 AM
1st Gear

I knew I'd seen this before and Ibis is the color I'm getting.

Titanium Package: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_2857.shtml

I am so diggin' this!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

Okay, I did it! I placed my order today for the following:

2008 A3 2.0T DSG

Ibis White/Black

S-line Package
Titanium Package
Convenience Package
Open Sky
Bluetooth
Bi-xenon's

No pricing yet. They say it will be here by late July. Now, 3 months of thinking about it every waking hour!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

damn that black headliner is sexy! So are the rims...and grill.....droooool....

Quick Reply: 2008 A3 2.0T Order Guide