Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

2nd Day of Owning an A3 and....

Old 04-21-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear
Default 2nd Day of Owning an A3 and....

well, I couldn't have been happier. Yesterday was the first nice spring day of the season, and I picked up my car-- a 2007 2.0T 6spd S-Line in Ocean Blue. Today, the weather was the same. Just a perfect day for being out and about.

So, I go to pick up my dry cleaning after a trip to the mall, and wouldn't you know it-- some granola hippie lady, named Eilat, hits and scrapes up my rear bumper while trying to park her Toyota Matrix.

2 days into ownership, I thought I was on top of the world, and now I have to go through the motions to take my car in and get it fixed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90508049@N00/467403690/

Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2nd Day of Owning an A3 and....

Gaffnova-

Sorry to hear about that! [] Life would be far better without hippies. They want to save the world, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad. A combination of body odor and patchouli oil, specifically.
Hang it there, it will be fixed soon...and I can only imagine how frustrated you are with the whole thing.

~ Blue Jays ~

Old 04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

Man Gaff that just plain sucks! I just bought my audi yesterday too! And I cant even imagine the wrath I would bestow on someone have they scratched up my car.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: RasLion

Man Gaff that just plain sucks! I just bought my audi yesterday too! And I cant even imagine the wrath I would bestow on someone have they scratched up my car.
I yelled at her pretty bad. I was pretty profane for the first five minutes, sulked for the next 10, and in a destroyed manner told her it was "okay" when she incessantly apologized before leaving.

The good news is that her insurance company no doubt takes the liability. The bad news is obvious. Not even a week with my new car before I have to take it in... Oh well... Good things come to those who are patient I guess.

Damn hippies...

Old 04-21-2007, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: gaffnova
So, I go to pick up my dry cleaning after a trip to the mall, and wouldn't you know it-- some granola hippie lady, named Eilat, hits and scrapes up my rear bumper while trying to park her Toyota Matrix.
Hope it wasn't too bad of a scrape and it gets fixed good as new! I usually park well away from other people to avoid incidents.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: gaffnova

I yelled at her pretty bad. I was pretty profane for the first five minutes, sulked for the next 10, and in a destroyed manner told her it was "okay" when she incessantly apologized before leaving.

The good news is that her insurance company no doubt takes the liability. The bad news is obvious. Not even a week with my new car before I have to take it in... Oh well... Good things come to those who are patient I guess.

Damn hippies...
Well Gaff the only reason why I even got a new A3 was because someone totaled my 01 BMW 530. As the old saying goes.. "Sh** happens." Just be glad that it wasnt worse. It still totally sucks never the less! There should be like a $500 inconvienence fee when someones at fault

Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 PM

that f..... sucks!!

sorry to hear that.

my gf always gets mad at mewhen i spend an extra couple of min looking for the perfect spotfor my a3 at the movies, mall, etc (nextto another nice audi, orbmw, etc)but so far it has paid off. no dents or scratches yet.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

Tell her the bumper can't be fixed and replace it with a S-line or some other after market bumper.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

Ouch... My wife always tell me to exercise, so I always park as far away from other people as possible but once you close your car and leave, you never know who is going to park next to you… Good luck to you.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 PM

I'm sorry and I feel for you. I've owned mine for a year, but haven't driven it in the last 3 weeks while it sits at a body shop being repaired from a freakin Asian woman driver who admittedly, without being on the phone, or putting on make-up or any other distraction, still couldn't stop in enough time to avoid causing the three of us ahead of her from being rear-ended. Fukcing biatch!!! Sorry if that sounds a little off color, but Asian Women Drivers are the worst drivers on the planet. AND, everyone of my Asian lady friends and there husbands will agree. I gotta move to Texas soon!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Day of Owning an A3 and....