Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 PM
1st Gear
Default A3

Good Afternoon,

I have been looking at the autotrader.ca for a pre-owned Audi A3 for the past two weeks.
I am really interested in an Audi A3 2.0T 6-Spd Manual. I love the way it feels and shifts.
I also would like the mileage that the A3 TDI gets.
As I look for an A3 in a six speed there are very few but there are many 2010, 2011 and 2012 Audi A3 TDIs with very few kilometres on them.
I have considered a TDI but now that I see all these for sale, I have to ask why are there so many TDI A3s for sale?
I have been told that a VW or Audi A3 TDI with the automatic transmission makes this car much more costly at a regular service check than the six speed manual.
I really would like your opinion on the performance of the A3 six speed manual vs. the A3 TDI.
Which of these two A3s is more reliable?

Juddsmith

Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 AM
1st Gear

i think they both have their own issues --- it depends on what's more important to you --- if you want good gas mileage, then obviously the tdi is better. i personally like the way the 2.0t drives --- although the tdi has a lot of torque, i feel the power delivery is awkward. especially when you chip the 2.0t, it drives awesome.