Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 2.0t quattro? When?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 2.0t quattro? When?

ORIGINAL: Chef

Okay, so since we both agree that we drive cool cars, I have another way off the topic of this thread question. I've seen you and others talking across different forums about the Haldex unit, but I'm wondering how much more stress will that put on the rear, especially when you start adding power mods and tracking your car? I haven't seen a discussion on that, and future Audi's that I buy will probably have Quattro, so I'm very interested.
The Haldex unit controller only applies to cars equipped with Haldex. For Audi, it would be the TT and A3 (R32 for VW). Rest of Audi have the torsen system. With the controller, you can switch into 3 different modes were in race mode, you will transfer a max of 75% to the rear. The unit will also make the engagement sooner especially on heavy acceleration. As far as stress goes, there are plenty of MarkIV R32s with the controller and they have been heavily modded. (vortex R32 mark IV forum has a lot of them) Just like any mod, it will put more "stress" due to more usage of certain parts;but haven't seen any complaints or bad review so far.