Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 3.2's at Invoice Price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 3.2's at Invoice Price?

With the economy tanking, there are lots of bargains out there on cars competing with the A3. For example, the R32 can be had for 2-3K off MSRP; the brand new 2008 Subaru STI can be had for under invoice. There are deals on the new Evo. What about the A3 3.2? Are there any deals or incentives out there right now? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A3 3.2's at Invoice Price?

You are trying to compare two different types of cars. Evo's, STIs, and R32's are all sports cars withthe primary buyer being teenagers for the "cool" factor of having a 4-cylinder with a big turbo that can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds (not including the R32). Audi is in the completely opposite direction. The primary buyers of Audis have been buying them for years and tend to be a more mature crowd that is looking for more than just a big turbo.The dedicatedAudi buys trade in their older modelfor anew one without ever driving the new one because they know it will drive the same, but in most cases a lot better.Audi's combine performance with luxury. Compare the interior of the cars above with ever Audi; there is no comparison. The volume of Audis produced has increased steadily, but not at an inflationary rate that would otherwise diminish the value of the vehicles because they have these loyal buyers.

So I do not see any "deals or incentives" that would be out of the ordinary with any Audi.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

Dude, check out my threads about my 3.2 experience. There is no way this car can be found for anywhere near invoice around Boston. I wanted to get one, but there is no attractive lease program (3000 down and 687/mon!!!) In other words, good luck unless you are going to buy and put a significant down payment down. I got my bimmer lease for 2000 off MSRP. 2500 down and 500 per month. That is for a car with a MSRP of 41K. The A3 3.2 S line I was looking at MSRP was around 37K. You do the math. Just does not work out. Audi did not want my repeat biz, so I went elsewhere. Good luck, and if you find a good lease deal on this car, please let me know!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

Just had a person approach me in a parking lot to ask about my 3.2 S-Line (technology/cold weather/18" rims/Sirius) model, he said he especially liked it because I opted against OpenSky system and he had never seen that on the road. He said that he couldn't get anyone to talk to him about a reasonable lease and he named at least three or four dealerships. Mine was purchased with very little of it financed. Not sure what could be behind that lease situation. It's definitely a car targeted at drivers who have "been around the block before" and wish for something that can perform while still being comfortable, quiet, and reserved.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

You are trying to compare two different types of cars. Evo's, STIs, and R32's are all sports cars with the primary buyer being teenagers for the "cool" factor of having a 4-cylinder with a big turbo that can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds (not including the R32). Audi is in the completely opposite direction. The primary buyers of Audis have been buying them for years and tend to be a more mature crowd that is looking for more than just a big turbo. The dedicated Audi buys trade in their older model for a new one without ever driving the new one because they know it will drive the same, but in most cases a lot better. Audi's combine performance with luxury. Compare the interior of the cars above with ever Audi; there is no comparison. The volume of Audis produced has increased steadily, but not at an inflationary rate that would otherwise diminish the value of the vehicles because they have these loyal buyers.

So I do not see any "deals or incentives" that would be out of the ordinary with any Audi.

Good god, do you talk down to everybody in your life.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

Kind of funny this comes up yet again today. Mrs. Shipo took a good look at the A3 (both engines) as well as a 328xi Sport Wagon today, and it looks like the 3er might just pull off an upset win. Why? Lease prices is a big one. She's now thinking that she wants a farily tarted upArctic Metallic328xi Sport Wagon with a 6-Speed, and a quick work up of the numbers with nothing down gets her a monthly lease price in the low $500 per month range. Not too shabby.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

The general economic situation in the USA is changing in that there is less disposable income, greater debt, fewer jobs, frightening gas prices, lower home equity and decreased confidence. This all bodes poorly for manufacturers of big ticket items -such as cars. The downturn is unlikely to leave the makers of premium cars unscathed. At this point, it is probable that cars will begin piling up at dealerships (with the possible exception of high MPG vehicles). This is already happening at our local BMW store. So, either the prices of cars will remain the same and fewer will be sold or, there will be greater flexibility in pricing and more will be sold. Audi's not immune to the law of supply and demand. It will be interesting to watch if and how they respond during the next year or two.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: zznalg

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

You are trying to compare two different types of cars. Evo's, STIs, and R32's are all sports cars with the primary buyer being teenagers for the "cool" factor of having a 4-cylinder with a big turbo that can do 0-60 in under 5 seconds (not including the R32). Audi is in the completely opposite direction. The primary buyers of Audis have been buying them for years and tend to be a more mature crowd that is looking for more than just a big turbo. The dedicated Audi buys trade in their older model for a new one without ever driving the new one because they know it will drive the same, but in most cases a lot better. Audi's combine performance with luxury. Compare the interior of the cars above with ever Audi; there is no comparison. The volume of Audis produced has increased steadily, but not at an inflationary rate that would otherwise diminish the value of the vehicles because they have these loyal buyers.

Good god, do you talk down to everybody in your life.
Sorry if I came off... harsh??

Old 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

Sorry if I came off... harsh??
[/quote]

Thank you. No problem.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

The reason why Audi discourages consumers from leasing the A3 is that no one will want an A3 after the lease is done. (or the dealerwill not be able to sell at a good enough profit.) It really comes down to the residual. I am sure the other half of the people who want to buy one or put a significant down payment down will have a different story. Let me know how you make out!

Interesting about the "no open sky" comment. It seems like this is a desirable option for alot of A3 owners. IMO I would have gotten mine with it. However, it does make the vehicle slightly lighter if not included.

Good summary about the economy, but for many people it is going to come downto lease deals. BMW is very aggressive with their leasing programs. Now is a good time to buy one. (money factor is around .002)

Hey, if Audi was willing to give me a better deal, maybe I would have been a repeat customer, but that clearly is not the case.