Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 chipping and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 chipping and suspension

Hey all, i'm a newbie here and will be pleased to meet all ya'll audi fans one day. I got my A3 about 5 weeks ago and loving it, driving it everywhere I could and already had that baby on 4000 miles. I'm getting it chipped in a month, any suggestion what I should go for, I have considered the ones from eurocodetuning.com Also, is it just me or the stock suspension is not great, very bumpy and uncomfortable. I was thinking of dropping it, might as well..When's the next Socal meet for the Audi's..looking forward to it.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A3 chipping and suspension

APR and REVO are very similar in power delivery. All has it pos and negs but it the end either or is good.

What suspension do you have? Sports + Sway bar is really good. If you have stock then you'll prob want to upgrade.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

My suspension is bone stock right now, I didnt feel it during test drives ...but lately i felt i had to something about it, it gets really uncomfy for a luxury car. If i were to lower it and have the sway bar, wouldnt it make the ride not any better, just better handling?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

I was looking at H&R sport and Eibach pro springs.
Are springs gonna do it? or should I get the whole suspension kit?
I am not looking to go extreme but would like to have better handling without sacrificing the ride quality. Plus, I would spend less if I just go with the springs. Any thoughts?

Old 08-18-2006, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear

Lowering will only lower your center of gravity. You will still be using soft shocks with no dampening. Nevertheless, lowering will help... combined with a sway bar, it'll help more. Here's some easy representations.

If you have the money, go for coilovers from the start. OR, you could frequent to forums to find another A3 selling his sport suspension. I've seen some at vwvortex selling their stock components for cheap.

Stock < Lowered + Stock < Lowered + Sway + Stock < Sport < Sport + Sway < Race Coilovers < Race Coils + Sway

Old 08-18-2006, 05:35 PM
SoCal Crew Member

If you think the OEM Sport Package suspension is uncomfortable, maybe you should purchase the OEM Premium Package suspension components from someone selling them, because almost all aftermarket suspension upgrades will make you car ride more firmly.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

thanks for all the input. I might have to wait till my warranty runs out since changing the suspension voids the warranty.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: audi28XWJ

thanks for all the input. I might have to wait till my warranty runs out since changing the suspension voids the warranty.

Not the warranty for the whole car, only the suspension piece.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A3Night

APR and REVO are very similar in power delivery. All has it pos and negs but it the end either or is good.

What suspension do you have? Sports + Sway bar is really good. If you have stock then you'll prob want to upgrade.

So, what are the pos and negs?

Old 08-21-2006, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: mc1191

ORIGINAL: A3Night

Not a big difference. Seems that REVO might have a little higher low end torque number. APR will use the cruise control stock to adjust programs and the REVO uses a small SPS device. APR is about $100 more than REVO, although both occasionally will give $100 discounts in conjunction with shows, etc. I have REVO and raced an APR A3 and we were just about neck and neck. I was edged out by almost the front end through 3rd gear, but a street race can have a lot of variables. Basically, both chips are very very similiar. APR has an exhaust system all ready to go for the A3 and REVO doesn't although they have a stage 2 chip for an aftermarket exhaust.

Take your pick and you won't be unhappy.

So, what are the pos and negs?

Quick Reply: A3 chipping and suspension