Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Fault warnings and power steering loss

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:26 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 Fault warnings and power steering loss

Hi All,

Question for you...my 2009 A3 3.2 had an ESP fault and an error saying the headlight range control was defective and the errors would immediatly clear themselves. Happened about 3 times in total. Car drove fine, so I made an appt to bring it in. Drove fine to the dealership. Then I get a call saying that the ESP fault is on, headlight range control was on, suspension errors and there was no power steering. Any idea on what could cause all these errors all at once and kill the P/S? Is it electrical maybe? I ask because a year ago I had a laser jammer installed and radar detector hardwired. Just worried the dealership will be at a loss (after seeing all the errors all at once they were quite confused) and perhaps blame the jammer and radar detector I had hardwired....but they were installed a year ago and the car just started to act up.

Any idea on what would trip all those alerts and kill the P/S all at once? Its bizzare....

Thanks!