Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 Key FOB - options

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:12 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 Key FOB - options

Seems there are lots of options out there for the A4, etc... so I talk to the dealer they want $50 to get rid of the annoying beep when you lock the doors. At 2am its loud. So I grudgingly pay, tech guys says not many options out there for the A3 FOB(like auto window down via button, etc..). Beep is now gone but auto window down via key in door no longer works!! Guess its back to the dealer. Anyone know what options exist, easy way to get it changed/programmed?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A3 Key FOB - options

I'm almost positive that the A3 can be programmed to do window up/down by remote. If all goes well, I may be playing around a bit with Vag Com tonight and I'll check it out.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

I can guarantee you that the a3 can do windows up/down by remote, cause mine does it. All you need is a VAGCOM tool, or find someone in your area that has one and it can be programmed to do that, and several other options such as removing the beep on lock, and other things i'm probably not aware of.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:36 PM
SoCal Crew Member

JOE, DON'T TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER!!!!!!!!!!

it's not the vagcom that stopped the windows from coming down, you just have to redo the buttons.

step 1) pull all your windows up
step 2) pull on your window button as if you were to close the windows again

after these steps, your windows should go back to normal. it worked for me, everytime i disconnect my battery, it does the same thing.

as for your dealer doing all these computer codes for you, if you have a friend with a Vag-com, i'd rather do that, they have a list of codes for you to chose from to do other kinky electrical mods, like having your lights turn on with your button and crap like that.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
SoCal Crew Member

All you need is someone with a Vagcom and a laptop. No need to visit the dealer or to pay him $50.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

Nam is right.. when one of my fan modules malfunctioned it caused the secondary fan to run and consequently eat up my battery till it died. The dealer then reprogrammed my windows the same way Nam had listed. Just kind of weird why your windows need to be reprogrammed to begin with...

As for key fob options, when I got my car chipped the tech at the shop changed some VAG coding and now it open and closes remotely. You can always VAG-COM to get rid of the chiming seat belt noise too.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys, will have to make some friends in the DC/VA/MD audi club....

MYH8for405, funny you mention the seat belt noise, just today i had my friends dog in the front passenger seat and the damn thing kept going, then when i was on the phone, parked, seat belt off, same thing..must get rid of that annoying noise..may just have to buy vagcom myself!

so waht other things have you guys done with vag com that is worth it?

Old 06-14-2007, 01:08 AM
SoCal Crew Member

1. Lower steering assist level (only on 2006 models)
2. Enable distance to empty (thanks to A3Night for doing the steering wheel removal)
3. Enable remote windows up/down

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2006/06/...reference.html

This guy is a vagcom guru.

These three mods combined are worth the $250 micro-can vagcom cable I bought.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I got a dog myself and whenever he's in the front it'll go off once in a while. I wish I could adjust the steering assist level like the 06's can. So far no luck with any info on doing it for the 07s. Will just have to rely on dealer the next time I go in, perhaps even pony up the money for it.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

It's true, from our last meet, we played around with some coding and still no luck with the 07.

Quick Reply: A3 Key FOB - options