Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3 and Maintenance Pkg Price

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
1st Gear
Default A3 and Maintenance Pkg Price

I'm back in the mode of purchasing an A3.

What do people feel like is a good price to pay for an A3 and also the maintenance pkg?

My thoughts are $500 over invoice on the car itself and about $500 for the maintenance pkg.

Am I paying too much or do I have unreasonable expecations on paying too little (especially for the vehicle).

Also, what is MSRP on the maintenance package?

Old 09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3 and Maintenance Pkg Price

By the way -

I'm talking about an A3 2.0T with DSG.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

I just put a deposit down for an 07 configured to my spec at 500 over invoice. I didn't explore the maintenance package.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

What is the maintenance package?

Is it all scheduled maintenance, including oil changes, 5k, 10k, 15k, 30k, etc. for four years? What is the asking price for this service option?

Has anyone calculated what the cost would be over the life of the maintenance package if you paid for all this at the time of service?

Old 09-20-2006, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

$500 over invoice for the car is a pretty good deal.

maintenance package is $550 and worth the money, especially if u can get them to cut it down to about $300 or so (i've heard ppl have been able to do that).

Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

I just bought my 2007 A3 2.0T S-Tronic (DSG) with S-Line pkg, Misano red, Tech pkg, Cold weather pkg, Open Sky, and Navi. I paid $500 over invoice through Costco. The price for maintenance pkg is $550 at Rector Audi in Burlingame, CA. I was told that I could purchase the maintenance pkg up to one year after purchasing the car in case you are on the fence or didn't want to include that with the financing. And you can goto any Audi dealer as the pkg is an Audi pkg and not a dealer pkg.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

^^^yep, in fact it's $550 retail no matter what audi dealership u go to.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

Hey Russelsdad - that's the exact car I'm considering (except white instead of Misano Red, which will cost me about $450 less). That's good to know you got it at that price. Thanks!!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Hey UWHusky

I'm assuming you're in Seatle. Incase you're shopping around, I just got (well it's on its way) my '07 A3 from Larson. I shopped Barrier and University (and have purchased there before) and found Larson to be by far the best experience (no, i don't work for any of them). I'd recommend talking with Randy Younkins at Larson, he made the following deal for me ('07 2.0t s-line, tech, cold, 6mt, opensky):
- $750 over invoice (not the best, but it was what i went in with and he agreed)... you may be able to do better assuming no toher variables (i.e. trade in)
- gave me trade value of my car trading in that i requested
- located the car at port that was going to a location that didn't have a regional advertising fee (this was key and you will find much discussion about legtimacy of this fee -- the conclusion i have come to is that audi assesses it to the dealer and they pay it. could you negotiate it away? sure... but at the end of the day, you're paying some margin on landed cost)
- if you are buying, he was able to extend the term (e.g. instead of 5.9% for 60 months, was able to take it to 72) of financing. not something i wanted to do, but good to know it's an option if you wanted and you might be able to get the 3 year rate for 42-48 months.

Hope that helps

Old 09-21-2006, 08:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Maint Pkg Note

Sidenote on maintenance... my dealer also disclosed to me that you can buy maintenance from any dealer during the first year - he was quite cool about that. regarding is it worth it or not? he couldn't definitively answer if it was transferable but seemed to think it was, but the question you have to ask yourself is how long will you have the car for and will having maintenance (assuming tranferable) get you extra for your car when you trade/sell. i think the break even period was ~2.5 years IIRC.

Quick Reply: A3 and Maintenance Pkg Price