Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

A3...to TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM
1st Gear
Default A3...to TT

Hi all...

Today I finally made the commitment on a new 2008 TT 2.0TFSI...Ibis White, black leather interior, magnetic ride, ABT software tune, 19" OEM RS4 Rims (like the 18s on my A3). Really stoked about my car!

But it unfortunately means parting with my awesome TDI....my Audi sales guy bought the car from me for his own use. Tricky working both sides of the deal...but to save him tax he got a lower resale price on my A3 and I got the ABT software and the rims for 'free' Get the car next week....can't wait...but going to miss my baby!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A3...to TT

you lucky bastard! congrats. so what are you going to drive to haul the family around?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

he sold the family to pay for the car!

j/k

congrats on the new whip! pics?

Old 06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

Yeah deffinatly throw up some pics. So I thought it was keep the A3 and get a TT or lose the A3 and get an A5?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations my friend. Can't wait to see the pics. What brand of tires? Can you lower the car with that OEM suspension? Hope you continue to hang out with us poor A3 guys.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys!

Yeah, I was going to keep my A3...but I got a pretty good deal on the resale for it...so I'm going to get a cheaper car for the family...probably a second hand Golf...something like that. My wife just doesn't dare drive the A3 (She says it's too low!) so there wasn't too much point keeping such a baby around!! But I'm really really going to miss my A3 on those family trips...but in Taiwan...when we travel as a family we tend to leave the island....and only time we have everyone in the car it's to go to the grocery store. Once my kids are out of car seats, they will be fine in the back of the TT on boosters for a little while

I should get the TT on Thursday. For the tires, I'm going with Dunlops this time around...not sure the exact specs...but when I get it, I will let you know!

As for lowering.....shelled out a big chunk of cash for this baby...and on 19s think the TT looks pretty good at stock height...plus with the magnetic ride if I swap out I waste a lot of money!! The sport handling mode on those feels GREAT! I will get a new exhaust for it though fairly soon...want to go dual tip on both sides...probably go with supersprint....and if I go crazy...get the ABT big turbo and tuned upgrade for about 280HP out of the 2.0! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...I'm dreaming!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

nice trade up! i love both the A3 and TT. You'll be happy with it! be sure to post up pics

Old 06-30-2008, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations on the new car. I hope you enjoy it!!!