Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Adios WRX, hello 3.2Q!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Adios WRX, hello 3.2Q!!!

A dealership an hour away offered me a decent figure a little above invoice but a little below Edmunds 'True Market Value' and we agreed on a price for my WRX trade-in. I then went to the closest dealership and they actually wanted $100 above MSRP! I told them no thanks, then they said they'd meet that offer...but I then pay $2,000 less for the trade-in or try to sell my car myself.

Called the far dealership and put down my deposit...called the local dealership and said I accepted another offer...only then did they tell me "OK, we'll makes some calls and see what we can do. A little late there, buddy. I hope the closer dealership has a better service department than sales, because I'll need them for maintenance.

But I am awaiting this weekend's delivery of a 3.2 in silver metallic/black, Open Sky, Tech, Cold Weather, Sirius, crossbars and a number of other little options I told them they needed to throw in. Still trying to get them to upgrade the stock 17" tires though...should know something tomorrow.

I'm still super-nervous because this is my first European (less-reliable-than-Japanese-cars-I've-owned) automobile and I deposited on something I haven't even sat in or driven yet! May the mechanical and electrical gremlins steer clear of my new baby.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:59 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 3.2 on the way!

By the way, you peeps on this forum were a tremendous influence on my decision. I learned about the benefits, faults and the good and bad sides of owning an A3 here. I have a much better idea now of what I should expect from this car...and hopefully I won't see the bad side of things for myself!

Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM

Congrats!

German cars are like good women. You absolutely fall in love with them, but they do require routine maintenance that you can't miss and sometimes are a little tempermental. But, once you've had one, you can't live without it!

Cheers!

Old 12-14-2006, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

With my previous cars I never deviated from the manufacturers' recommended service schedules...I certainly don't intend to do any differently here. Hopefully this will keep things running smoothly. I'm still not clear about when to rotate the all-season tires though. The 10K mile service intervals seem too far apart.

I'm still floored at how the local dealership threw numbers above MSRP at me and expected me to go for it! Even moreso not even attempt any real negotiation til after they lost the sale. I can't imagine they sell many cars that way.

And maybe I should have gone with the Prius instead

Old 12-14-2006, 12:47 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations and welcome to the family. My previous Audis were all very reliable, with only some minor problems which were all covered under warranty. A4 had a bad wiper fluid pump and TT had a shorted Hazard switch but that was all. May you have nothing but good luck with your new whip.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

Well, it was supposed to be delivered this weekend...got held up in transit and didn't arrive at the dealership til Saturday. It'll be 2-3 more days to get the accessories and clear auto bra, so it looks like this will be a Christmas eve present.

A few more days to enjoy my WRX, I guess. Buzzbox, yes, but otherwise it's been a great car.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:33 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: drumdork03

Well, it was supposed to be delivered this weekend...got held up in transit and didn't arrive at the dealership til Saturday. It'll be 2-3 more days to get the accessories and clear auto bra, so it looks like this will be a Christmas eve present.
Frustrating when you don't get it when you are expecting!

Is that an 3M full hood clear bra?

Old 12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

Waiting for a call from the dealer to find out the details. The 3M web site states that they only have the standard A3 bumper and not the S-line. If this is the case, I'll probably hold off for now and wait til the whole front end can be covered at once.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

Mine is here, at the dealer,but I can't pick it up until Friday. I'm still waiting for the body shop to finish the repairs on the TT which will be Wednesday, then it has to be inspected since it is the end of lease before I can turn it in. The inspection is scheduled for Friday morning.

I did ask them to putmud guards on the A3, both front and rear,and put in the all weather Euro mats at dealer cost which they are doing. They usually put a sticker on the paint, which I vehemently asked them not to do. If it is there when I pick it up, I'll make them take it off and be pissed. [:@]

Old 12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
1st Gear
Default I traded my modded WRX for my Lava Gray 3.2Q, you'll be very happy.

11.5K miles with no problems except for a open-sky latch.Good luck with the wheel upgrade if itthey didn't come on the car, I tried thatwith no success.I do miss the kick in the as- that my WRX had( heavily modded) but, the A3 is on a wholedifferent level that the WRX in fit and finish. Enjoy you're new baby.

Quick Reply: Adios WRX, hello 3.2Q!!!