Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

aftermarket navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Default aftermarket navigation

Hey, does anybody have an after market nav system in an A3(I have 2006)?I'm looking for one but i am having a hard time finding something that will fit. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: aftermarket navigation

Do a search on the vwvortex forum, a few posters there have it. Pioneer and forgot the other one.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

would the Pioneer AVIC-D3 fit? Thats the one I am really interested in. Thanks!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: schmilnik

would the Pioneer AVIC-D3 fit? Thats the one I am really interested in. Thanks!
I don't know, I have stock Nav. Do a search on vortex, don't be lazy.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

Hey, does anybody have an after market nav system in an A3(I have 2006)?I'm looking for one but i am having a hard time finding something that will fit. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!
See ProClip, then use say a garmin nuvi 350 or 360 GPS, or whatever else you like.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

See ProClip, then use say a garmin nuvi 350 or 360 GPS, or whatever else you like.
Thats tacky...

Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Thats tacky...
Well, if you want the best fit, just retro fit a Nav + RNS-E. Not as many functions as the Pioneer, but it looks great.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

This sounds a lot like a previous discussion on Audiforums. Installing a Ebay special Nav + unit from some other vehicle is risky. Sure I seen some shops that have done for clients, but its not covered by any warranty. Up to you.
There are some links on the web where someone with a A4 added one with lots of pictures on all he had to do.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

This sounds a lot like a previous discussion on Audiforums. Installing a Ebay special Nav + unit from some other vehicle is risky. Sure I seen some shops that have done for clients, but its not covered by any warranty. Up to you.
There are some links on the web where someone with a A4 added one with lots of pictures on all he had to do.
You talking about the RNS-E? Or otherGPS systems? Cause the RNS-E is very easy to install and the only difference is the face plate. And of course, if you have the single din panel, you will also need double din conversion. But it's not that hard for an installer. (I wouldn't do it myself however )

Old 04-20-2007, 03:44 AM

Yup. I have the 2007 A3 2.0 and wanted a navigation system. After research I settled on the TOMTOM One...it's about $300. It has a flat slim format, not weird and bulky as others. I did not want to put it onto the window with the attachement but it fits perfectly in that open space underneath the stereo.

Quick Reply: aftermarket navigation