Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Alcantara Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Alcantara Seats

Sorry may be a dumb question. I am going to get the A3 TDI, I love the titanium package but I am not too sure about the Alcantara seats with the perforation. I wanted to see what peoples thoughts were about the seats and whether or not you have had problems with them. I was told that there is no way that the package can be split up either. Thoughts would be good on that one too.
Thanks for your time,
Sarah

Old 12-02-2010, 01:51 PM
1st Gear

Have you tried the seats out? I test drove a Titanium and didn't mind the seats at all. If anything, the material helps to keep you from sliding around...

also for what it's worth, I believe the seats are Alcantara in the middle with leather trim...

Last edited by kitvan; 12-02-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
1st Gear

Yea I did test drive one with the titanium package. I don't mind the looks of them brand new, I'm just worried that they are going to do what my moms perforated seats did. In her Honda over a period of time had threads that come out of the perforations. I wasn't sure if it's because it's a cheaper leather or if that is something that will happen with the Audi's seats over time. But I haven't really got much response on it so I guessing it isn't much of an issue. Thank you for responding. =)

Old 12-04-2010, 06:29 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by babyyblue
Yea I did test drive one with the titanium package. I don't mind the looks of them brand new, I'm just worried that they are going to do what my moms perforated seats did. In her Honda over a period of time had threads that come out of the perforations. I wasn't sure if it's because it's a cheaper leather or if that is something that will happen with the Audi's seats over time. But I haven't really got much response on it so I guessing it isn't much of an issue. Thank you for responding. =)
I have a 4 year old A3; I have tears all over the driver's seat bottom cushion where I get into the car- only the part on the left hand part of the driver's seat- have owned this car since new and I think it's where the button on my left butt-cheek snags and drags down the seat. I was in the Army for a number of years and I think it was my uniforms that did it. It's only a problem on the one tiny bit of leather, maybe I'll get it fixed or maybe not.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you for your reply, that is what
I want to hear. I will definatly keep that
in mind when I order my car.
Thanks again
Sarah

Old 12-18-2010, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

Leather makes my back sweat. I love the breathability of Alcantara, but have never heard about them getting tears.

Is there any way you could post photos of the tears in your alcantara interior?
Thank you

Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by PerimeterJones
Leather makes my back sweat. I love the breathability of Alcantara, but have never heard about them getting tears.

Thank you
I'll happily post some pics when I get my A3 in about 3 weeks.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by PerimeterJones

Thank you
Sorry! I didn't know what I was talking about. My seats are leather, not alcantara. I thought that "alcantara" was a term they made up to sell cars until I looked it up. The tears are in the leather seat. I don't have alcantara.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by babyyblue
Sorry may be a dumb question. I am going to get the A3 TDI, I love the titanium package but I am not too sure about the Alcantara seats with the perforation. I wanted to see what peoples thoughts were about the seats and whether or not you have had problems with them. I was told that there is no way that the package can be split up either. Thoughts would be good on that one too.
Thanks for your time,
Sarah
Sarah, I felt the same when I was ordering my A3 TDI! If I could have ordered regular leather seats, I probably would have.... However, now that I have these seats, I LOVE them....very comfortable, and they hold you in place when screeching around corners! And, those Titanium wheels are to die for....