Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

APR Chip

Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 AM
R8
1st Gear
Default APR Chip

ok im getting the APR stage 1 chip. i have3 questions. one, wut else do i need along with my chip, who do i take it to get it installedand three, can someone explain what a DV and BOV is. obviously i dont know much about cars so please help me out here..

Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Default RE: APR Chip

Check the " A3 newbies info link " you should find all the basics there. If you still have questions, I'm pretty sure you can get answers from members in the know. I refer to the "newbies" pretty often, and find most of the info I need. Good Luck, I am still not "chipped"[:@] but someday!

Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 AM

You can go to the APR website and they will do a dealer locator for you based on your area. If you update your location on your profile then I'd give you better direction. At least put in your zip code.

www.goapr.com

Cheers!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:59 PM
R8
1st Gear

still cant find what a BOV/DV from the newbies info. hey chef i found a dealer near costa mesa. my zip code is 90620. i live like 20 minutes away from irvine

Old 06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: R8

still cant find what a BOV/DV from the newbies info. hey chef i found a dealer near costa mesa. my zip code is 90620. i live like 20 minutes away from irvine
BOV or blow off Vavle is just for sound, no performance gains and advantages. Some people like the sound of it.

DV or diverter valve is important. Even though I haven't chipped yet, it is necessary, especially if you go to stage II. that much I can tell you..

So BOV not important / DV very important, especially since there are issues with the original DV Audi has.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

does the A3 have a BOV or a DV from the factory? Can the engine management software handle changing from one to the other?

My background is with Saabs, they have DV's, so all of the air is metered going into the engine and the corresponding fuel added, if you put a BOV in place of a DV the engine would run very rich since you are bleeding off air that has been metered.

What type of measurement system does the audi use?

I somewhat disagree that bov's are useless, it is simply bleeding off the air instead of running it back through again, no loss unless your car cannot cope with the loss of metered air and runs rich. The only difference from a DV is it vents to atmosphere instead of the intake.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

Audi uses a DV system. If you use a BOV, or any atmospheric dump then the engine won't run right. They run the say way you say the Saabs are setup.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 PM
SoCal Crew Member

R8!!!!! come out to our gtg and meet all of us and we'll PERSONALLY educate you on your car.here's the linky to the thread:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_556587/tm.htm

Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 PM

R8 >>> ditto on the GTG. Definitely meet up with us to talk about your A3. Between Nam & I, you'll get a look at a bunch of mods from different manufacturers.

Cheers!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 PM
1st Gear

can someone splain me the difference between apr stage I and stage II?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APR Chip