Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi A3 Electrical Problems (Power Fob Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof, Gas Door)

Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A3 Electrical Problems (Power Fob Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof, Gas Door)

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I searched through some old posts here and on the internet but couldn't find anything specifically similar. Yesterday I noticed my power locks weren't working with my key Fob on my 2006 A3, but they were working earlier in the day. I thought maybe the fob battery was dead but neither fob worked. Then I noticed I couldn't close the sunroof (luckily it's only opened up and not back) and the windows also won't roll down. Today I tried to get fuel and the fuel door won't open since it's electrical. The power locks work if I use the door panel control. I haven't checked the power mirrors yet though. I looked up the fuses but none seem blown. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Also, is there a way to open the fuel door without breaking it? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

brett, had a long reply for this but this blasted site logged me out!!! I'll try again.
Had to replace the batteries in my fobs recently. Only one gets used as the spare sits in a drawer. Both batteries were failing strangely enough.
You can check the door & windows with the key fob in the door. Turn the key & hold, one way locks doors & all windows up. Other way doors unlock & all windows down.
As for the fuses, there are two fuse locations. One in the engine bay by the battery. The other inside on the left end of the dash under the side panel. Not sure of the power routing but Audi does seem to do things different from the other auto brands I've owned.
There is a manual fuel door release. It is in the boot. You have to remove the side cover to get to it! Instructions are on page 286 in my owners manual, would think yours would be the same or close.
Good luck with it.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

I had a similar issue with my windows and my fuel door. Worked when I had the door shut but not with it open.