Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi Bumper Guard

Old 08-18-2007, 05:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Bumper Guard

was in Hoboken NJ a few weeks ago and saw an A4 with this bumper guard thingy that is great for those that parallel park often and have to "tap" the car in back...just noticed the plastic on my rear bumper starting to peel, i'm sure htis is because of parking....anyone know what those things are really called and where I can get them? it was this carpet/rubber looking thing, real nice, and seems like it ties in where the hatch meets the bumper area...i think...

Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Bumper Guard

i think they're called bumper badgers?

Old 08-18-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

If you have to "tap" the car behind you in order to parallel park - you need more lessons.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

boywonder, thanks, exaclty what i was looking for

lavadrifter, your unsolicited comment from los angeles where parallel parking means pulling into a parking spot build for SUVs will be largely ignored. Try parking in a real city, with space just enough for our small car. amazing how tight a space this car fits into.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

if i was outside and i saw you "tap" my car id come up and punch you in the face. and kill you. ya. ever.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: joelsindc
Try parking in a real city, with space just enough for our small car. amazing how tight a space this car fits into.
I live in SF and have to parallel park all the time. I never tap other cars. If my car doesn't fit, I don't do a dick move and try to force myself in. If another car did that to me, I'd take up a very heated conversation with the driver.

Nevertheless, I do understand the need for them if you want to protect your car from other drivers that would be stupid enough to tap into cars.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

lavadrifter, your unsolicited comment from los angeles where parallel parking means pulling into a parking spot build for SUVs will be largely ignored. Try parking in a real city, with space just enough for our small car. amazing how tight a space this car fits into.
I'm not sure how putting L.A. down justifies the inabiltiy to parallel park, but I'll address your response. If you think that L.A. has parking spaces different than any other U.S. city, you have not been to L.A. Further, parallel parking is often done on a curb where there are no designated "spots." That would require properly judging the space and deternimining if your vehicle will fit. NOT wondering if you can squeeze in regardless of the damage you cause the parked vehicles. Imagine if Joe Hummer had that mentality... you'd have one F'd up A3. And as far as L.A. not being "a real city," well c'mon. That's just silly. As an L.A. native, I can tell you that, as stated by other posters here, if you made a habit of doing that in L.A., you'd be dodging a few punches. I'm not sure if you're in the N.J. area as your post stated, but I can't imagine it would be much different there.

Yes, our cars are small, and all the more reason why you should be able to fit into a space without contact.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:14 AM

Yep.

I knock a person out if they contacted my A3 in LA. Well, unless it was a gang wearing colors and toting guns. LOL

Cheers!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

This is ONE of the VERY FEW reasons that I like living in Oklahoma....I honestly don't remember the last time I had to even attempt to parallel park! It seems like there is always a space where 3 or 4 cars could park, so it's easy as can be.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 PM
1st Gear

The day after I posted about the bumper guard, I notice a scratch from a novice parallel parker in the morning and then in the afternoon get hit from the back in stop and go traffic on the 110N. (And of course he was on his cell phone) WTFFFF!!!!

At least I got his insurance info, and when they repaint the bumper the scratches from other parkers will be gone.

But still - I hate L.A. drivers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Bumper Guard