Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi Connect & Sat Nav on 2013 A3

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
1st Gear
Angry Audi Connect & Sat Nav on 2013 A3

Hi,

In May 2013 I got my new A3 s-line Sportback 2.0 TDI. A brilliant car. Pure Audi quality.

I have some questions I hope some forum users might be able to help me with.

1) Audi Connect

I know Audi Connect comes as part of an enhanced version of the 'Mobile phone preparation - High with Audi connect' option. An article in Auto Express says the latest Audi A3 and A3 Sportback will be the first models to get Audi Connect (See http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a3...ls-fuel-prices).

I've seen YouTube vids of A3's with Audi Connect that have Google Maps and Twitter feeds etc. I've read all about Audi Connect and I want it. The thing is, Audi Connect was NOT an option when I ordered my A3 (in the UK). I've heard that whilst Audi Connect can't be retro-fitted to older models, it can be added to new models (like mine?).

I have the tech pack with HD based Sat Nav but like I say, the phone preparation option High wasn't available.

Does anyone know if Audi Connect is something I can upgrade to either now or at a later date if I pay for it?

2) Sat Nav to House Number

When I enter a Post Code on the Sat Nav I dont get the option to enter a house number. This has proven to be a real pain! When I get to my destination I need to start leaning out of the window looking for the house number. My Tom Tom has done house numbers for ages and used to get me right outside the door. I can't believe Audi Sat nav that costs £1,500 extra cant do house numbers.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.