Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

the audi desire

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Default the audi desire

hello people. i am new to this site and id ont know why i even joined considering i dont even own an audi. well i guess the only reason is im wanting one. perhaps i would buy one with a bit of convincing. 06 vs. 07. ?? any physical differences? prem package vs . s line pack? pros cons? go w/ open sky? i hear about a bit of malfunctioning. any info will help. thanks!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Default RE: the audi desire

Welcome.

Do a little reading through the Newbie posting and that might answer most of your questions. I personally haven't had any mechanical issues with the Open Sky, just a little rattling that the dealer will fix.

Cheers!

Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 AM
L7
1st Gear

Heupee;
For the 2006 models to me the reason I picked the premium trim was for the power driver's seat. It's generally up to you - go drive one. OpenSky? Totally personal preference - but, the wife and kids pushed for it when I was looking at the cars. And the kids specially love it. Malfunctions, issues, regrets - None. As far as you challenging us A3 owners to convince you to buy one. Sorry, I'm not a salesman. Anyhow - the car does not need my help - go drive one. Try them out - that's all the convincing you'll need.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM
1st Gear

i got an 07 and went with the premium package. Coming from a subaru forester, this handles incredibly well and I didn't feel the s-line was necessary. I, too, wanted a power seat and that had a lot to do with it. I stayed away from the opensky mainly because it doesn't completely block out the sun. I live in Texas, though, and not being able to block out the sun is a big handicap. The one I tested with opensky turned into a sauna within mintues of driving it.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

I chose the Premium Pkg mainly because of the power seats. If the 07 S-Line's came with power seats, I would have probably went for the S-Line. The S-Line has more of a tighter ride, very still feel to it because of the Sport suspension. It was a toss up, but not very hard to decide since I wanted the power seats.
And also, if I lived in Europe the Sport suspension would have been more fun, so I settle for the Premie Pkg and dont have any regrets. As far as a visual difference, the exterior has S-Line badges. The interior has badges as well, and more chrome trimmings on the S-Line interior, which was a little much for me.

I had to get the open-sky, it was a must. It looks way to sleek and beautiful when its open, and the interior sky view looks great. I had the rattle issue, happened when I reached 10,000 miles. I brought it back to the dealer, and it was on the "Tech Bulletin" as a minor issue, they fixed the rattling and its fine now.
They mentioned that the Q7 trucks have a similar issue, which is easily fixed.

I have the Cold Weather Pkg which is great, the heated seats in the winter time is definetly a plus. It gets pretty cold here in the NY/NJ area.