Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Audi Srvice

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Srvice

I just was wondering if all Audi dealerships had the level of service that the Nashua, NH Audi dealership does. These guys were great! Free coffee and fruit when I dropped off my car. The loaner they gave me was my car but an '08. Super courteous, informative, and timely staff kept me up-to-date on the status of my repairs and service. I got the car back and it looked like new, vacuumed and washed!
Maybe this is how Audi does it but I am coming from always buying Mazda's and the service is day and night compared to Audi!!!

Anyone else have good things to say about Audi service or is this the usual? If this is the usual then I will definately be sticking with Audi with my future car purchases!

/Ok fanboy rant over
//I do not work for Audi! hahaha

Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Srvice

You are a very lucky Audi owner. My experience with the local dealership has been middling at best, and I'm fairly certain I'm in the majority. Their courtesy, waiting area amenities and loaners have all been fine, but they're unresponsive to issues that fall outside regular scheduled maintenance.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: drumdork03

You are a very lucky Audi owner. My experience with the local dealership has been middling at best, and I'm fairly certain I'm in the majority. Their courtesy, waiting area amenities and loaners have all been fine, but they're unresponsive to issues that fall outside regular scheduled maintenance.
Completely agree with you. When I took delivery of my vehicle they had done their "dealer prep", which consists of washing the vehicle and putting on some tire shine. Who ever washed the car must have done a stone wash to the windshield because it had deep scratches all over it. They did replace the windshield but it was like pulling teeth to get it done.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

It's all a luck of the draw and how much a dealer wants your business. There's a Rusnak here in Pasadena, but I prefer to go further to Penske Audi in West Covina. Rusnak is ok, but they're super busy and it usually takes a week to get an appointment. Penske only takes a day at the most. Plus, they have fresh coffee and fruits in their clean/hi-tech facilities, offer complimentary loaner cars, and wash and vacuum the Audi. Plus the service people are really cool.

I'd check to see if anyone's reviewed another dealer service department on the forums and see what they said. Might be worth driving further.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

My history with Leith Audi in Cary, NC:

3,000 miles - interior trim replaced under warranty, no questions asked.

3,300 miles - replacement trim not properly tightened, caused buzzing noise. I had to show the technician where it was coming from and suggest a solution for him to fix it.

5,000 miles - scheduled service was fine. had also reported rattle indriver's door that they heard but still weren't able to fix. Crew that cleaned the car got an oil spot on my headliner and ripped up a piece of my paint protection film.The service director paid for the replacement paint protection without argument. I later found out my door noise was the infamous seal rubbing issue and got some Gummi Pflege.

6,000 miles - car towed in b/c road debris from construction had gotten lodged in the wheel, causing lots of resistance and a baaaaaaaaad squeal. Service was STELLAR. I waited for the vehicle for less than 30 minutes. Audi Roadside was great, too!

15,000 - regular service plusbuzzing noisein psgr door and smelly A/C vents. Routine stuff taken care of. Tech heard the noise intermittently but didn't fix because couldn't determine the exact location. Said he'd take apart the door but would charge for labor. Figured the S/C smell was the air filter, but they just said my ducts needed cleaning and it would be $120. Luckily the noise simmered down on its own after a few weeks and the air filter replacement alone fixed the smell.

My next service is at 25K miles and one of my Open Sky shades is broken. I'll be surprised if they don't ask me to pay for this as an "adjustment" or something.

At least they've been polite and courteous, and I've gotten a nice clean loaner when needed. I just wish they'd be more attentive to the small stuff.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

So far I believe that depending on your area and dealers near you one is deffinatly going to be better. A great dealership goes out of there way for you so you keep coming back for service and your next car purchase. Those that don't do that fall in that (we will get sales and service and people won't know any other way) Then those people move and go to there new dealer near them and are blown away on how great the service is compared to the past one. If you have a great dealer near buy or have to drive a couple of extra miles to one stick with them. Past experiance, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

Herb chambers audi in burlington is top notch. Same great customer service and rapport.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
1st Gear

Haha funny you mention this. I'm writing this post from the Audi of Nashua. They have decent service, and the service reps are great. I'm here to get my stone shield replaced because it broke and started to cause of major rattling noise. However, it seems most ppl with this issue got it fixed under warranty when I have to pay $50 + labor to get mine fixed. I'm at a point where I'm willing to pay money to get rid of this rattling. So I don't mind paying.

Getting my car washed at the dealership is a mixed bag. Sometimes they do a great job, sometimes I find myself fixing scratches and scuff marks on my car. I had them wash my car today but moving forward I might just not have them wash it because I know no one will do a better job than the car owner himself.

Overall, I keep coming back to Audi of Nashua, because its close to where I live and service is good.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

I've been trying to schedule my next appointment, and I can't even get a call back. Requested the appointment Monday. Nobody called back. Emailed the service department directly on Wednesday. Got a response that someone would be in touch with me today. Said service department closed for the day about 30 minutes ago.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

Let me reiterate you are VERY lucky to have a good dealership. Finally called my stealership's disservice department since they couldn't be bothered with calling me back. Aside from routine stuff, priority #1 is replacing my broken Open Sky sun shade, and priority #2 is doing something about the driver's door window switches that have started to peel.

And none of that is going to be covered!

Called AoA about it and that was a waste of 15 miutes.

I can now admit I got better service with my pricepoint Subaru than I do with this "premium" brand of auto.

Quick Reply: Audi Srvice