Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

AWE Boost Gauge Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
1st Gear
Default AWE Boost Gauge Installation

So in the installation guide it says to disconnect the battery. I'm just wondering is there any pin or security codes I should make sure I have first before doing this. So that when I reattach the battery I can activate my sat nav, sat radio, etc, etc. Also, by disconnecting the battery am I going to lose the average mpg and mph information in my trip computer?

Old 04-18-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: AWE Boost Gauge Installation

ORIGINAL: quadric

So in the installation guide it says to disconnect the battery. I'm just wondering is there any pin or security codes I should make sure I have first before doing this. So that when I reattach the battery I can activate my sat nav, sat radio, etc, etc. Also, by disconnecting the battery am I going to lose the average mpg and mph information in my trip computer?
Dealer should have provided you with a code to for your radio. Not sure if that is a 'master code' for all of the things you mentioned though. If the dealer did not give you this code in your paperwork, I would call them up before disconnecting the battery.

Edit: I see you are in Austin. Prolly a longhorn[:'(] so disregard my statement above. You don't need no steenkin' codes!!! Go ahead and disconnect the battery. Everything will work just fine!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

It is true, I reside in Austin, yes, but am no Longhorns fan [:@] In fact I have only been in the United States for less than a year. I am originally from the land down under,Australia [8D] So I have no bias towards any football team college or national, or baseball, or basketball or any of the other main sports played here in the US. I just watch the games and cheer on the team that is winning

Back to the point I do believe I have some codes written down on the first page of my manual. I'll have to check that out today when I go out for lunch. I hope it is the Security Code for the radio and not just the iD for my Sat Radio receiver

Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM

I disconnected the battery for mine and it never asked for any codes after I hooked everything back up. But, better to be safe than sorry. It's a fairly simple install except for the PITA bit about getting through the boot on the firewall. Careful not to bend the line to the brake booster too much or it could break on you and that might take a while to source from the dealer. It has happened to others on this forum. Just take your time and be gentle, then it will go smoothly.

Cheers!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: quadric

It is true, I reside in Austin, yes, but am no Longhorns fan [:@] In fact I have only been in the United States for less than a year. I am originally from the land down under,Australia [8D] So I have no bias towards any football team college or national, or baseball, or basketball or any of the other main sports played here in the US. I just watch the games and cheer on the team that is winning

Back to the point I do believe I have some codes written down on the first page of my manual. I'll have to check that out today when I go out for lunch. I hope it is the Security Code for the radio and not just the iD for my Sat Radio receiver
I was just giving you a hard time. But now that I know you aren't a longhorn, please disregard my msg about disregarding my 1st msg.
I would go outside to check mine out and let you know where to find it, but my car is at the dealer this morn and I am stuck in an A4. Pretty cool that they gave me a loaner even though I just took the car to the the service light reset and had them go ahead and do the I3 recall.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

I disconnected the battery for mine and it never asked for any codes after I hooked everything back up. But, better to be safe than sorry. It's a fairly simple install except for the PITA bit about getting through the boot on the firewall. Careful not to bend the line to the brake booster too much or it could break on you and that might take a while to source from the dealer. It has happened to others on this forum. Just take your time and be gentle, then it will go smoothly.

Cheers!
It says in the install manual to lubricate the hose, so that should be enough to get it through the firewall I'm hoping. But I'll take notice not to bend anything that is already coming through when I do do the install

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE
I was just giving you a hard time. But now that I know you aren't a longhorn, please disregard my msg about disregarding my 1st msg.
I would go outside to check mine out and let you know where to find it, but my car is at the dealer this morn and I am stuck in an A4. Pretty cool that they gave me a loaner even though I just took the car to the the service light reset and had them go ahead and do the I3 recall.
I know you were kidding, I just wanted to put it out there that I wasn't a Longhorn fan like every other person that seems to be in the this city. Not that I have anything against any fans, its just you do get sick of hearing about it at work everyday [:'(]

I'm pretty sure there is a card or something with my security code, but like Chef said maybe I won't need it... who knows I'll let you know what happens when I get the the thing and install it.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 AM

I'll be in the SA/Austin area in August for vacation, but too bad that I'll be driving the van and not the Audi.[:'(] We could have had a spirited drive through the hill country.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Hopefully by then I can get all my mods done, the thing stopping it is deciding which ones to get from which manufacturers Too many decisions [:-]

Old 04-21-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

Cheers!
Umm, so yeah, I know what the brake boost is now, damn thing snapped on me [:@] Rubber hose off to the front of the car snapped the outlet from it when I was trying to get it into the hose for the T piece. So yeah if you get one of these or any boost setup becareful, you have been warned It costs ~$50 for a new part.

So in theory I have it all installed, lights up nicely with the headlights and interior lighting. Looks very snazzie Except of course, I can't test that it actually works cause I am waiting on a new brake boost from the Audi dealership Let's just hope they order it Monday morning and I can get it from them on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also I notice getting the engine cover was a b17ch, easiest way I found was to pry each rubber grommet off one by one. Starting with the one at the front left corner and working around anti-clockwise (there are 4 in total) to the back.

Anyways, lets all is well when I get my new brake boost in [8D]

Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I'm not one to say "I told you so", but definitely take warnings to heart. That is the best part of the forum, that people have usually done and screwed something up before, so learn from everyone else's mistakes.

I hope the part comes quickly. I know that you'll enjoy the new gauge.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: AWE Boost Gauge Installation