Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Bluetooth Blackberry Pearl Address Book Solution!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth Blackberry Pearl Address Book Solution!!!

So I have finally solved my problem!!!

I have been going crazy because I use my BB Pearl as my primary phone and also have it linked to my BES Server (aka all of my business contacts from Outlook automatically sync) thus I have far too many contacts in my phonebook. Now I need all of them on my BB, but hate the fact that when I am in the car and it syncs I have to scroll through hundreds of people who I would never call from my cell in the car... but up until now have not found a way around this.

Well I recently upgrades the OS on my Pearl (V 4.2) and I now have the option to only sync contacts in my address book that I have in one category... I have seperated my contacts into Personal and Business and now only show the Personal category contacts in the car's system!! Such an improvement!!

If anyone needs help configuring this on their BB let me know and I can try to explain in as much detail as possible.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Default RE: Bluetooth Blackberry Pearl Address Book Solution!!!

I have a BB 8800 and my new Audi a3 accepted only the first part of my contact database (last names beginning in A to C). I have around 3000 contacts. I too use outlook and of course only dial a small number of these contacts on a regular basis. There must be a limit on the number of contacts the system can handle.Please let me know how you segregated yourcontacts.

Thanks.