Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Bluetooth & ConcertII - Voice Dialing etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Default Bluetooth & ConcertII - Voice Dialing etc.

Hi guys,

First of all - thank you very much for this informative forum - it's a great help!

I have a 2006 A3 Sportsback (8P) with ConcertII & MFSW.
I would like to purchase the newset OEM BT module and was wondering if you could please help me with the following issues:

Voice Dialing:
------------
I understand that voice dialing is possible when using the OEM BT module in conjuction with the RNS systems.
Would it be possible to use the voice dialing function of the BT module with my simple ConcertII system?
(like I use the voice dialing on my mobile phone when it is paired with a BT headset...)

MFSW + DIS Features:
---------------------
Could someone please confirm that MFSW controls and DIS display features work properly when the OEM BT module is installed with a ConcertII system?

Microphone wiring:
-----------------
When retrofitting the OEM microphone to the control unit on the roof - is there a microphone cable already installed there, or would I need to run a cable all the way up there myself?
(my car was NOT ordered with any of the telephone features)

Your help is much appreciated...
Alon[/align]

Old 04-21-2008, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth & ConcertII - Voice Dialing etc.

With what kind of cellular telephone will you be pairing the BT? You might wish to ensure they're compatible before extending the effort.
As an example, the piece-of-junk Treo 700WX simply won't work with an Audi, even though previous versions of that hardware did.
Good luck with the modification to your car and hope it's a complete success!