Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

bluetooth connection tone

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Default bluetooth connection tone

I have an '08 A3 with Bluetooth and Nav. When bluetooth connectsor disconnects, there is a loud tone. Is there any way to lower the volume of this tone orto suppress it completely? I asked my Audi sales guy, he said he doesn't think there is any way. Ideas?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: bluetooth connection tone

Not that I know of. Is it really that annoying? It's a 1/4 second sound twice a drive.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

It certainly doesn't need to be as loud as it is currently set from the factory.
The tone should be low enough that newbie passengers don't say, "What the heck was that?!"

Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

if it is the same as my '07, you can definitely turn the volume down. i can't remember how i did it, but it was pretty easy to do. i'll try to remember what i did then i'll post it. i remember the first time i heard it connect. i nearly jumped out of my seat!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM
1st Gear

If I am not mistaken, you adjust the volume after pressing the "talk" button. Once you set it to a reasonable level it should lower all bluetooth sounds starting from the connect/disconnect sounds to the voice prompts. I drive an '07 and I can control the volume quite easily. I find myself adjusting the volume up only when on the phone then lowering it back down. Hope this helps...

Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 AM

dzasta, i will have to give it a try. I have asked the service guys at the dealer but they have no idea how either. How did you figure it out?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

Easy! When my wife calls me my connection with her was always loud. So I ended up lowering the volume on her calls. I forgot to raise the volume back up once and noticed that ALL of my bluetooth sounds were affected by the volume change. I assume this worked for you as well?

One thing I did notice was that randomly sometimes I get a really loud buzzing sound (electric noise?) right before the bluetooth connection sound comes on. Sometimes its absurdly loud when i forgot to lower the volume. Anyone else have this issue? It seems to go away if I shut my cell phone off and then on again.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
1st Gear

mklim, out of curiousity, are you korean? cause i am and thought i might ask...

Old 11-29-2007, 04:18 PM
1st Gear

The buzzing sound is the cell signal interfering with the speakers...

Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 PM

dzasta, thanks for your tip on lowering the phone volume. It works great. As for the buzzing sound, I have not notice any while I'm in the car. I know when I place my phone (Blackberry) close by any kind of amplified speakers (like a baby monitor or speaker phone), the speakers will pick up interference from the phone signal. I believe HoTiCE_ is correct on this.

No, I am not Korean but Chinese American. My last name is Lim. I know Kim is a common Korean last name. I have often been mistaken as Korean.

Do you have any photos of your A3?

Quick Reply: bluetooth connection tone