Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A3
 Car Shopping -- how's your A3? >

Car Shopping -- how's your A3?

Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Car Shopping -- how's your A3?

Old 05-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Default Car Shopping -- how's your A3?

Hi,
I'm currently trying to decide between the A3 and the Volvo S40.
I was wondering if any of you were in the same position before purchasing the A3.
If so --what made you go with the Audi?

I've heard Audis have problems with their electrical wiring often... anyone experienced?

How many miles have you guys driven your A3s and have you had any problems with it?
What's the best/worst thing about your A3?

Old 05-27-2005, 08:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Car Shopping -- how's your A3?

I love mine so far, and i did test drive both the audi and the volvo. I think the volvo looks to much like a "wagon" which i did not want to go with. I also think that the audi was funner to drive. I was also looking at the saab 92x, but i thought the interior looked to cheap compared to the audi or the volvo. The only real compliant is the back seat does not have to much room for tall people, but i don't ever plan on sitting back there. so no big deal for me. I have about 900 miles on it.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

If you are looking for performance go with the audi no question! both the volvo and the saab are heavy as sh&$! there will be much more options as far as mods and performance upgrades for the a3 as opposed to the other two. Plus as far as the stock configuration with regard to stock performance the audi is insane especially in the twisties with the mcpherson strut set up. I love my a3 more so than my m3 that i traded to get it. nasty car with a world of potential.

GO WITH THE AUDI you will not be disapointed.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

just spend 5 min driving the new A3 and there will be no more questions

As for problems i never really cared, if i like something i simply dont care about possible problems

Old 06-04-2005, 03:24 AM
1st Gear

Hey. I just sent you an e-mail. Check your e-mail, etc.

Frank
[email protected]***.net

Old 07-25-2005, 12:08 AM

The other day I started looking at the A3 and V50, and quickly crossed the V50 off of my list - because I didn't fit!

When I first sat in it, the rear seats were down, so I figured that was blocking the seat travel. So I put the rear seat up...but the front seat wouldn't go back any further. I felt extremely cramped, and my size 12 shoes didn't have room to move around.

The A3 seemed fine in comparison.