Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

car wouldn't start (3rd time this has happened)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 AM
1st Gear
Default car wouldn't start (3rd time this has happened)

I went out to the garage this morning, go to start the car and it just keeps turning over but never fires up. Eventually after several attempts and waiting in between attempts it finally started. This has happened to me on two other occassions. I called the dealer this morning to schedule service and asked the service rep if he had ever heard/experienced this. He told me that it has happened to him when he has moved Audi loaner vehicles. He said it's something inherent to Audi's. He is still going to take a look at it and see if anything is wrong, but I don't like the idea that my 6 month old car won't start and it might just be something Audi's expereince with no rhyme or reason. I would hate to have to need my car to start in a hurry and it not. Have any of you had any experience with this?

Old 11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: car wouldn't start (3rd time this has happened)

check it out man, seems like this exact issue I went thru, scroll down and read all my postings on here:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_639943/tm.htm

Old 11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

I can only hope it's not that same fiasco all over again for converted.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

I hope not as well, but after reading the other link that was suggested at least I can have some supporting experiences and a possible fix when I go to the dealer tomorrow. Thank you guys for you help.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 AM
1st Gear

I went to the dealer this morning and it turns out to be the same low fuel pressure sensor problem that dcny7777 had experienced. They said the part is on back order and that he marked it as if my vehicle is out of commission so it would get here as soon as possible. The service rep said he'll call when it comes in.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: converted

I went to the dealer this morning and it turns out to be the same low fuel pressure sensor problem that dcny7777 had experienced. They said the part is on back order and that he marked it as if my vehicle is out of commission so it would get here as soon as possible. The service rep said he'll call when it comes in.
There ya go man. I figured it was the same issue as I had. Glad I could be of help with the diagnosing.

My A3 was at the dealer 1 week aproximately for the issue. Let me know how it goes for you and when you get it back, also let me know how it rides. Mine hasnt had any starting/shutting off issue's since the sensor was replaced.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
1st Gear

They don't have a loaner for me right now and the service guy assured me it was ok to drive and only a nussance. That being said I think the actual part change should take more than na hour once they get the car in the shop.

On side note, do you turn your car to the on position and wait for the car to do it's thing and then turn the key or do you just put the key in and turn? I ask because sometimes I wait, especially if it's the first time I've started it that day. I remember waiting yesterday when it happened.

BTW, I saw on the service form that it had a TSB associated with it so it may soon become a recall issue.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: converted

They don't have a loaner for me right now and the service guy assured me it was ok to drive and only a nussance. That being said I think the actual part change should take more than na hour once they get the car in the shop.

On side note, do you turn your car to the on position and wait for the car to do it's thing and then turn the key or do you just put the key in and turn? I ask because sometimes I wait, especially if it's the first time I've started it that day. I remember waiting yesterday when it happened.

BTW, I saw on the service form that it had a TSB associated with it so it may soon become a recall issue.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I actually do turn the key, and wait for it to do its thing. But its a really short wait, like 1/2 a sec, if that. And then I just start her up. But I really think it has nothing to do with our issue with the fuel sensor, but who knows.

I feel a recall coming up, definetly. Mostly with 07's I would think.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
1st Gear

I'm just thinking that since the fuel pump has built up pressure (or hasn't) that maybe that has something to do with it. If you start it right up it might not sense the problem.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 PM

6 months old?? could this be a recall issue, low fuel pressure sounds about right but that would indicate an air leak in the system and the fuel needs to get flow and pressure up because of it, seen it many times on the older cars due to rust on the fuel lines but the smell gives it away and low fuel consumption and fuel on the floor etc etc

Quick Reply: car wouldn't start (3rd time this has happened)