Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Cell Phone Cradle...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Cell Phone Cradle...

Ok... so I am looking for some advice here.

I want to install one of the car cradles for my blackberry... but have no clue where. This is what I am trying to install.

But am worried about where I can put it.

My best idea as of now is to go inside the armrest and just drill a small hole through so the cig lighter adapter can charge the phone... Ideally I would like it somewhere that is visible when driving, but realize that may not be possible. So before I go and drill this hole in my armrest I figured I would see if anyone had any ideas I had not thought of.

My one concern is that it can't be too close to the radio as it is now when I place the phone in the slot infront of the ashtray and below the head unit when the phone is getting a call or recieving data there is a terrible feedback on the radio... Because this is a blackberry it happens quite often so I want to avoid it at all costs.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Default RE: Cell Phone Cradle...

Let me know what you come up with. I also have the same Blackberry and have no place to put it in the car. It usually just ends up plugged in to the car charger, laying on the passenger seat.

Cheers!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

Let me know what you come up with. I also have the same Blackberry and have no place to put it in the car. It usually just ends up plugged in to the car charger, laying on the passenger seat.

Cheers!
Yeh... I do the same thing now and would really like to get a nice clean look. That seemed like the best option cause I like that it adds to the antenna reception... but the more I think about it I don't know if I really want it in the armrest. Although I clearly shouldn't I usually wind up checking my emails in the car and if I have to open the arm rest and check it every time it beeps I know I am going to wind up just leaving it on the seat as before.

I just came across this: http://carkitbrackets.co.uk/store/in...p;productId=12
but I think that it is going to mess with the stereo too much with the feedback... You definitely know more than me though... whats your advice?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Exactly how do I know more than you???

I'm taking out the ashtray and adding the cubby space, and I was originally going to just keep my phone there, but like you said, it adds feedback to the stereo. I don't have a good solution on this one. I was waiting for you to come up with the wonderful solution. LOL

Cheers!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

GSM feedback is a 8i+ch!!! There really is no good place to mount a phone clip in these cars because of the location of the power supply. (unless you plan on hardwiring into your power supply fuse or something like that)

Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
1st Gear

My 8800 sits in my cup holder, passenger seat, or my lap...yea, a solution would be nice!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

Have you guys checked out ebay, i saw this thing called the kuda phone cradle listed under the A3 section.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KUDA-...spagenameZWDVW

I like the look and position, but it will still give all kinds of feedback through the stereo.

Don't think there is a great solution for our cars.[:@]

Cheers!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KUDA-...spagenameZWDVW

I like the look and position, but it will still give all kinds of feedback through the stereo.

Don't think there is a great solution for our cars.[:@]

Cheers!
Yeah, that would give horrible feedback. It MIGHT work if you have a CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) phone, but definitely not for a GSM (AT&T/T-Mobile) phone. Cup holder seems to be the best place so far (at least they are good for something right)???

Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

[/quote]

Yeah, that would give horrible feedback. It MIGHT work if you have a CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) phone, but definitely not for a GSM (AT&T/T-Mobile) phone. Cup holder seems to be the best place so far (at least they are good for something right)???
[/quote]

Do Sprint/Verizon Phones not create feedback in our cars?? I have cingular and can't keep the phone within a foot of the HU otherwise I go nuts!

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Cradle...