Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Central locking pump

Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Central locking pump

Hi
Looking for some advice.

My 2001 audi a3 had a problem with the central locking, do by doing some research, learned it was to do with the central locking pump.
I took this out and found that the internal compressor wheel had shattered (common fault).
Having fixed this and putting it all back together, I tested with the fob, which locked it 1st time, however, when trying it again, I got nothing.... Then realising the alarm and the electric windows now don't work as well.
Does anyone know what to check next? Or possible know where I have went wrong?
I was thinking it was either a fuse or I would just need a brand new pump altogether.
Thought I would see if anyone could give me advise first as I'm new to this sort of thing.

Thanks

Garry