Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Chef & Audinam sitting in a...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear
Default Chef & Audinam sitting in a...

Well, since the subject caught your attention I come to tell you I bear even greater news.

Chef and Audinam had a little race today in our socal GTG.

Now both A3's are exactly identical save for Chef's bose and sattelite radio but this shouldn't skew the results. So here are the stats:
Chef -
- 2006 A3
- Revo Chip with 91, 93 programs and others
- 6spd Manual
- Open Sky
- Sport
- Bose with satellite

Audinam
- 2006 A3
- APR (the best) with 91, 93 programs and others
- 6spd Manual
- Open Sky
- Sport

They both approached the red light light and I knew exactly what was going to happen. As the lights turn green both get good launches and both spin the tires in 2nd while chirping in third. Audinam and Chef are neck to neck all the way to the next stop light which is red. Audinam realizes his impending doom as the two lane street becomes a one laner. Nam attempts to seal his victory and tries valliantly to push Chef over. Chef refuses and Nam backs down behind Chef. Chef, with the spoils of victory, runs the red light letting everyone know that nothing can stop him....

Was a good race and HOPEFULLY this will stop the smack talking between the two.... until the next meet.

Actually, I should also add the little canyon run race as well... (Sorry nam, but the public MUST KNOW! )

In the twisties. it was minivan, chef, audinam, and me. The minivan, seeing three A3's tailing him hard recalls the movie Mr and Mrs Smith and quickly pulls over. Chef, probalby not satisfied enough with his victory a few minutes before, takes off and audinam and I are happy to oblige. As we start hitting 60 then 70, then 80 in roads where the limit is 40mph and under, Chef begins to pull away from audinam. Audinam, realizes this searches for a better line and begins cutting into the opposite lane. As he attempts to use the line his suspension gives way to the hundreds of road reflectors spaced 1cm apart forcing him to lose speed and utlimately loose sight of Chef.

While Chef was gone. It was APR vs APR but DSG vs Manual. Now I hate tooting my own horn but I think the DSG bested the manual as I was able to easliy tail Audinam to the next stop light taking the lines that he took.

Well that it. Hopefully we can do this all again soon!

Old 06-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default RE: Chef & Audinam sitting in a...

YEAH CHEF!!!!!!!! guess you chopped him, sliced and diced him, toasted and burned him, skewered him, pan-fried and roasted him!

sounds like it was fun. more stories? doooo tell! and post up some pics for us folks on the sidelines.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

Link to the socal gtg pic thread:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_302780/tm.htm

NOTE THESE PICTURES ARE HUGE JUST LIKE THESE ALL CAPS LETTERS

Old 06-26-2006, 02:11 AM

Okay, in all fairness the story is absolutely correct except: Audinam and I launched at the light and were even until 3rd gear and he nosed up on me. It made me mad enough that at the red light he slowed, I looked and went. I guess that I beat him to the light, but I'm not sure about the little race. I think that the APR 93 and the REVO 93 are SOOOO close to the same that it is driver, conditions, and dependent on the slightest variation. Audinam was very hard to keep up with on the drag race stretches, but I think that I've got him in the twisties!

It was a hell of a lot of fun.

To add another story:

Nam and I went a separate way at the end of the canyon run and blasted back and forth with each other down very wide, high speed roads, that did have stop lights at places. At one point Nam passes me and we are both doing 100+, I see the red light ahead a few seconds before him, but both of us hit brakes hard. Stopped at the light all you could smell was burning brake pads. Later, I made amends and we had a slow down at a light change and he missed shifted and I got the upper hand. It was a lot of fun driving with someone on equal pegging. Both cars were nearly identical so it was all about the driver and anticipating the situation. I'm just glad that we all made it home and without tickets.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

all 3 chipped A3's were leading the pack during the canyon run...
prolly shoulda spaced u guys out a bit for us "non-chipped" [:'(]
so we could keep up !

great run - thanks for a great gtg...

Old 06-26-2006, 06:59 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ok, my side of the story now

Chef was right, i did have a 3 feet lead on him, and knowing i already got 2 point for speeding, i slammed on the breaks at the red light, Chef did lead in the downhill, but i was enjoying the scenery. hee heee. j/k. i don't do so well on twisties, but i have to admit, Chef doesn't do so well on freeways, he won't drive between the nooks and crannies between cars on the freeway, but i guess he respects his A3.....or is life enough not to drive like a maniac like me on the freeway.

today was a great day, meeting you all, and beating chef by 3 feet during the 1/8 mile drag. it was all in good clean fun. can't wait til the next meet.

oh yeah, it wan't fun using my full body weight to hit the breaks to a haulting stop at 100+ mph.

A3night!!!!

you should be and author

Old 06-26-2006, 08:22 AM
2nd Gear

My turn.

Nam = Crazy. As in.....lacking sanity. Sees a 2 foot gap and turns it into a lane change at 100mph. See his post above.
Chef = Competitive. As in....Michael Jordan x's 10. Is soooo determined to win their duel, that he almost adds his race to next week's episode of Cops, America's most wanted, and Maximum Exposure all at once.
(You're a good guy Chef, don't do that again. And kiss the angel on your shoulder goodnight - you owe her one.)

Since my view was (*cough cough) from the back as I was pushing my stock A4 to keep those guys within sight, the race looked like a dead heat when they raced the first time in a straight sprint.
You know how fishing goes, right? "I once caught a fish thiiiiiiiis big"

If Nam says it was three feet, then it was three feet. But remember fishing.

The funny thing is, one of the main reasons that I came to the meet was to see 2 evenly matched cars, one with APR and the other with REVO. No other mods.
I was hoping that I could get a feel for which one offered more under the hood so I could make an informed decision when I buy mine.
No such luck......
Two VERY cool guys. Two VERY sweet rides. Two VERY fast chips.
This kind of cements it for me that you can't really go wrong with either choice.

I want to finish our chip conversation with both of you. (Nam & Chef)
Please send me a PM with all of the details so that I can get final approval from you-know-who.
***ALSO, please give me details or a link on the front fender we were discussing. The thin panel replacement that has a slim chrome bar on the top and another on the bottom.
I think both of you have it on your cars.....I know you do, Nam.***

Thanks to everyone that showed up for an awesome time.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Administrator

man, sounds like you guys had a great time.. anyone video tape it?

Old 06-26-2006, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Audinam

Chef did lead in the downhill, but i was enjoying the scenery. hee heee. j/k.
Hmm, you were going a bit slow so I enjoyed some of it too. Its actually a real nice road.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:56 PM

Okay, NOW I know why Nam edged me a little on the drag. It was his comment about throwing all of his body weight on the brakes to stop. He is a TWIG compared to me. No wonder he edged me! I'm going to remove the back seats and spare tire next time we go at it to even up the weight a little. Also, I was running a full tank of gas, no more than 1/4 tank next time. I need to start working out more too. LOL

Quick Reply: Chef & Audinam sitting in a...