Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Chef's selling his A3?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Chef's selling his A3?!?

Hey 4rings i was talking about the srt8 grand cherokee wich i own now, i traded the A3 for it.
I think that will be a better vehicle for a family man that needs the features of a truck but the muscles of a sports car, and let me tell you its got muscles.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

Hey chef, I will take your DP if it isnt spoken for yet

Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 AM

Sorry guys, but I've been away on business and just swamped! The downpipe will be switched out in the next week or so, and I haven't thought more about it than that at the moment. It is a NICE DP, APR with the 100 cell CAT.

I'll have time to post more tomorrow when I back home and in my regular routine.

Cheers!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Don't try this in the Dodge... :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gljWUd6htQE

Old 01-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: phila1776

Don't try this in the Dodge... :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gljWUd6htQE
Driving slow in an auto tranny car around the ring?

Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear

dont get that clip.....oh its a bmw 335 the one you cant stop talking about, should've purchased that vs the A3?
335 is a coupe twin turbo can fit maybe 4 comfortable, if they're under 5'7' tall.

Chef i think needs something bigger for the family child seat etc. IMO i think the 335 is over priced with that money i can buy (wich i did) a GC srt 8 wich will toy a 335 in every phase![8D]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:59 PM

Yeah, you guys make a compelling case for different cars, but I need something to fit a family of 5, and my wife likes muscle cars. You work out the rest.

Cheers!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 AM
L7
1st Gear

Chef, Chef, Chef. Not sure how old you are, but, I've been following this string for the past two days and have been hearing a lot of talk about a Dodge Charger and etc. Why you would want to give up our 'Rings' - I don't understand. But, that is one of the freedoms afforded to us here in this country. Since I am not a big Mopar fan and was always into the 'bowtie' muscle. To me there was only one Charger and anything else they called a charger was just a shadow.
If your gonna get a Charger - get this one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22569/8C17CFE8181D404EAE6E85613EC1D7FA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2008, 09:41 AM

Yeah, I like that charger too! I've also owned and was the primary driver of German cars for the last 20+ years. If you look a little deeper into the new charger, then you'd realize many of the parts, including the platform is Mercedes. The engine is definitely MOPAR, but other things have been done that I really like, including the Brembo BBK, StopTech Rotors, Forge Wheels, etc. As far as reliability goes, I rarely keep a car past its warranty period so I'm not too worried about that, but it seems to be doing fairly well overall anyway. Also, it won't be too soon that beastly engines like this won't be produced any more, and gas will only continue to get more expensive. So, why not endulge myself for a couple years??? I know that the Audi is a MUCH better daily driver, and I expect to return after I get my kicks for a while. LOL

Cheers!

Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 PM
L7
1st Gear

Chef. Hopefully, you keep us filled in on your Charger exploits later down the road.
Yes - it's true that those engines will no longer be easily available. I'm in the process of presenting to my wife an appropriations request. Trying todemonstrate and illustratethe benefits we could derive by putting the money I would spend on a new Ducati 1098S into a'69 Camaro SS. But, alas it is a very difficult process trying to get it through appropriations in this house. I would just like to get one of those before they become so politically incorrect that they are no longer available.

Quick Reply: Chef's selling his A3?!?