Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Config options in the US

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Default Config options in the US

Hi I'm a newbie, great forum by the way.

I'm shopping for a new A3 but I can't seem to find the config I want. Apparently there aren't a lot of config options for the US market.

I'm looking for : A3 front track 2.0, stick shift, metallic silver, premium package, 16-spoke 17inch wheels, black leather, no navigator, no moonroof.

I've called a couple of dealers in the area and they say that they'll have to find the car in Germany and get it sent as no such config is currently available in the area.

Just curious to know if anyone in the UShas been able to getthis car.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Config options in the US

I asked a similar question here because I'm pretty sure that no dealers have the config I want either... from what I understand, most dealers should be able to order the exact config you want though... You'll just have to do the paperwork and all that stuff up front I think.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 PM

i guess we gotta do what we gotta do. it just sucks not being able to see, feel, drive the car before signing for it!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

Hi mikheil-

Looking on the bright side, it's a car built specifically for you and you alone. From time of signing the papers to vehicle delivery, you're looking at around ten weeks. Perhaps nine if you're lucky.

~ Blue Jays ~

Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, I hear ya. But, there are ups and downs to ordering a custom spec'd car.

Downs:
[ul][*]may lose a little ground on the deal cause it's not a lot car and they're not moving their already in-store inventory.[*]having to wait for something you just paid thousands of dollars for![*]not being able to see, feel, and drive it before you purchase it, as you said.[*]you'll have as long a way possible with breaking in the engine until you can drive it with speed-filled abandon
[/ul]Ups:

[ul][*]no grimy salesmen has gotten his hands on the car you just paid thousands for...[*]no numbskull potential buyers have driven your car. test-drive or not, I don't trust other people with my future clutch[*]your car is fresh as fresh gets when it arrives. prime for you to break her in (you get to pop the cherry!!!)[*]you get to plan what you're going to do with your brand new car[/ul]

Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 AM
1st Gear

I don't know where you live but I would think a good dealer could do a quick search for you if they were motivated to help you out. Maybe they are more motivated to lock in an order for a car?

In any case, I don't think those are such difficult combos to get. I suppose the biggest problem you might have is that the open-sky is always added in. If you are in california I see that Stevens Creek has two silver/black 2.0T manuals... but their web site it terrible at details and you can't tell what the other packages are.... but gee, they all have "air conditioning, power windows...etc..." duh...

Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
ec2

I had the same problem where the config I wanted was nowhere to be found in the U.S. The Audi dealer ordered exactly what I wanted from the factory with a $500 refundable deposit and they put it in writing that it was fully refundable if for any reason I wasn't satisfied with the car when it arrived. I don't think this is an unusual or unreasonable request and it couldn't hurt to ask.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: ec2

I had the same problem where the config I wanted was nowhere to be found in the U.S. The Audi dealer ordered exactly what I wanted from the factory with a $500 refundable deposit and they put it in writing that it was fully refundable if for any reason I wasn't satisfied with the car when it arrived. I don't think this is an unusual or unreasonable request and it couldn't hurt to ask.
I'll make sure to offer leaving a deposit instead of paying for the car up front. Thanks for the tip. Who was the dealer by the way?

I'm in San Jose, and I did call the Stevens Creek dealer but apparently they don't have what I want. I also called Livermore and the one in Palo Alto.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ec2

Can you verify what the guy said a couple of posts before? Did it take 10 weeks for your custom config'd A3 to arrive?

Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

Hi All-

I've purchased three new cars and two used cars in my lifetime and none of the new cars were on the lot...they each had to be built to specification. I never paid for any of them in fulll. My most-recent was the Audi A3 and I simply left them a $1000 deposit with my salesman and he said he would get back to me with progress reports along the way.

~ Blue Jays ~

Quick Reply: Config options in the US