Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Dealer Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Dealer Service

FYI guys on dealer Service in the So. Cal area I've had with my 06' A3:
[ul][*]STAY away from Santa Monica Audi, [:'(]they are idiots over there who should be working on Hugo's at best. Makes me sick to the stomach since I just stay 2 miles away that I have to go elsewhere.[*]Rusnak in Pasadena are okay, but ther are more concerned with their image than service. When I had a front wheel noise which I was almost sure was from a wheel bearing. Stupid me let them convince me it was thepoorly ratedPirelli P6's just being loud since they are so cheap. Guss what? After a new set of tires, and 1grand lighter in the pocket, the noise wasstill there. Shame on me for not following my instincts![*]Keys Audi,would not even take my car in for service sooner than a WEEK out, what's up with that!I had a check engine light on, could have been a severe problem. Plus said no to a loaner car if I came in![*]Now Pacific Audi in Torrance is the ****. They took my car right in, gave me a loaner for two days. Man my service rep. (Tim)said right away before they checked out my car that most likely i had a wheel bearing issue. How sweet was that to my ears since I was still spinning from the Rusnak fiasco. Took care of my check engine light, andI now have the'C' version diverter valve. [/ul]
This is just my two cents, but if it helps any of you making a choice of dealership to use for service I suggest Pacific by far.

BTW,
My ECU has been tuned by Eurocode with an APR stage II upgrade about a year ago. Those guys are pretty cool, but I wish David would have informed me about the weakness of the 'B' DV valve that was in my car at the time. It's a kown issue with the early 06's, and when you have it tuned it's a sure bet the weaker DV will blow. [:@]I would have had it changed out at the time of tunning!

Old 10-12-2007, 07:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Dealer Service

I absolutely agree with you 100% about Santa Monica Audi Dealer. They are pretty worthless. I bought my A3 from Rusnak westlake and also agree with the image being Rusnak's main agenda. It's too bad though because I live basically right around the corner from teh Santa Monica Dealer, but wil have to go so far out of my way for all my servicing. On another note, where is Eurocode? I want to get my Audi tuned adn what is the DV valve? I have an early '07. Have you heard about those having issues or being weak?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

There's a "Dealerships" forum here - you should post this there because that's where people search through to find their local dealers and reviews about them and stuff.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM
1st Gear

Diverter Valves
Wondering where your boost went? Power delivery not as smooth as it used to be? Most likely your engine's diverter valve is to blame.

A diverter valve (DV) is a pathway for boost when it is not being used by your engine. Whenever the throttle body is closed, like during shifts or decelleration, the boost needs an escape route. If the boost cannot escape during these times, it can back up and cause shocks to the turbo. These shocks will stall the turbo, slowing boost production upon re-acceleration (turbo lag). Even worse, these shocks can cause damage to the turbo. The diverter valve's job is to open when the throttle body is closing or closed, and reroute the boost to the low pressure intake side of the turbo, where it can do no harm.
The stock diverter valve uses a rubber diaphragm to open and close this pathway. This type of design is prone to unwanted boost escape, honking noises, and surging during part throttle.

Eurocode is in Torrance, to be clear I'm not bashing them. I just suggest you do your homework before upgrading. I sort of rushed into it, and they just gave me what I paid for with no education

I do not know enough about the '07 model to say which version DV valve they were delivered with.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

I will post this in Dealerships, I'm a newbie bare with me.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:14 AM

I agree completely with your dealership recount. I purchased my A3 at Pacific and have had very good service from them and a rental car every time. There have been a couple very minor hiccups, but nothing extreme and they took care of them right away.

BTW, the "G" version is the newest DV for our cars and it is VERY important that you upgrade your DV if you have a 2006 MY and any mods. Personally, even without mods, you'd be better off to get the upgrade anyway.

Cheers!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

Yea the rep at http://parts4vws.com/was explaining to me that there is a "G" version available. Is the "G" a OEM version? Or is it an aftermarket continuation?

I'm curious if it is a OEM version, why are the dealerships not installing this model.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like a DV is just a blowoff valve?

Old 10-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Basically, but the air is metered and recycled in the DV.

I'm also surprised that you didn't get the "G" version. Maybe it's not widely available and your dealership had the "C" valves in stock?

Cheers!

Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

Besides reliability, does the "G" versionprovide any performace addition?

Quick Reply: Dealer Service