Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Difference between sport suspension and normal suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Difference between sport suspension and normal suspension

I talked to Audi and basically they do not make changes to their car. The person told me that Audi does not "participate" in those sort of things. I found the choice of word very interesting (but then again, it may just be me) and I thought my question somewhat valid since I just wanted them to see if they could install their own suspension, just a different one with me paying them way too much money I am certain, but they do not like it. That was even before saying anything about a leased car... I really should play it safe so I guess no aftermarket for me... snif... I guess it only leaves me withthe ECU upgrade,I can't get in trouble for something they cannot see, right?

Old 04-20-2007, 01:54 PM

Just make sure that you purchase the stock and stealth modes from your ECU programmer. If that is all that you do and are faithful about switching it back to stock and locking it out from the dealer, then you'll be fine.

Cheers!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

I think you can do pretty much with a lease as you please....as long as its returned to them in the same condition(aka bone stock)they gave it to you. Its just going to be a hassle putting everything back, and probably expensive. Not to mention having to store all the stock stuff. Also if its modified when you take it in for service and they remember its a lease, they might make note of it and be really hard on you when you return it and ding you at any chance they get. Or lease it at dealership A, service at dealership B, C or D, return to stock and return it to A....what they dont know can't hurt you right?

Old 04-20-2007, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the input Chef and falcompsx – I will check with the other Audi dealer in the area in order to see if something can be done. They actually have a performance shop and carry Revo so I am thinking it will be my first bet and check in the forum if anyone has had dealings with them before.

i_baked_cookies – don’t rush into things and make certain you choose wisely, JohnS1 was right, it all depends on your driving and the roads more than anything else. I unfortunately have the tendency once the roads are clear to floor it and I personally am not looking forward to a curve at high speed with a FWD seating 3feet above the ground (well, not that much) but at regular speed, the regular suspension are smooth. At least it is not going to be as bad as when they loaned me a Chevy Blazer… With a little water on the road, I could do 360 without a problem… the problem being I was not trying to…

Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear

I struggled with this too. A lot of us do, and John stated it very well. Problem is you don't only have to decide on sport suspension vs. premium, you basically are making a big decision on several packaged items from Audi when you go with the sport suspension. I'm sure you've already learned this by now, but you would get the s-line package if you get sport suspension. This would mean you lose a power drivers seat and you get those aluminum trim rings on all the vents inside (among other differences.). I felt I wanted sport suspension but decided I didn't want to give up the power seat and liked the smoother less flashy interior of the premium model. I also sometimes want a soft suspension because we take long road trips in our A3. A suspension mod may be in my future. Something adjustable.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 AM
1st Gear
Default I Got An S-Line With The Sport Suspension

I wanted a sportier car so I got the S-Line. I started off looking at GTI's and wanted the crisper handling of the GTI. I dont think it rides rough but its definitely firmer than the standard suspension.

It doesnt bother me on long rides. I think it rides pretty smooth. The only thing I can say is into the turns you can tell its firmer, the car does not really lean that much. Its more like a GTI than say an A6 .

If you want to change the suspension I would not do it at the dealer. You may void your warranty.