Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Eibach Pro-Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Eibach Pro-Kit?

There is alot of discussion on this forum about suspension set-ups, the majority of which is about coil over systems. I have an '08 on order with the S Line package and the 18" 5 spoke wheels, and want to lower the ride height of the car once received. I can't afford a coil over system, so I am currently planning on installing the Eibach Pro Kit. However, after reading some of the threads on this forum I have a few questions. The dealer did not have an S Line to look at (nor the knowledge to tell me), but I understand that the S Line springs lower the car? Does anyone know by how much? Will installing the Eibach Pro Kit lower the car even more than the S Line springs? What is the downside of the Eibach install, if any?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Eibach Pro-Kit?

From what I have heard the S-Line is only a stiffer spring and the ride height does not change do to federal collision standards. I have used Eibach on a lot of my cars and the pro kit always just brings it down low enough to get a nice smooth look and basically still give great road feel that's not jarring. Plus Neuspeed had there springs designed with Eibach so you really can't go wrong if the support them, and they have been modding VW/Audi for I believe more then 2 decades.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 AM
1st Gear

Many thanks. I too have used Eibach in the past with good results. I will proceed with the install once the car arrives. Thanks again.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

The Eibach Pro-System costs $665 and probably another $300-400 for install plus another $100 for an alignment. Total: $1100 plus tax/freight/whatever

A Set of Koni-based Stasis StreetSport Coilovers are available from Actuning for $995. Koni Coilovers are available from Supremepowerparts.com for $972. Install and alignment should cost the same as the Eibach Pro-System.Total: $1400 plus tax/freight/whatever.

The difference between a suspension kit and coilovers is less than 1% of the cost of the car. I'd save up the extra $300 to get the adjustable height andadjustable shocks myself. You will never be sorry.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

Thanks panzrwagn. The Eibach Pro-Kit includes only the springs at about $275, plus $300+ to install and align. I would love a coilover kit, but being retired I must watch my pennies. Most of my pennies will be spent on a CF valance and an ECU programmer from Eurosport Tuning. The latter has just been sale priced at $895 US,plus you get a $100 gift card! Pensioners love discount coupons.

So with respect to the suspension, I am more after the "look" than outright performance. I just didn't want the car to ride like a go-kart.

Thanks again.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:56 AM

I have an 07 S-Line and added the Pro-kit with great results. I measured a one inch drop on the front and a half-inch drop on the rear. Overall the handling has improved, in fact it rides a bit smoother than before. It has been a great value added mod.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

hey all, few quick questions on this topic....

so i got a quote of the Eibach Pro-Kit with the drop of 1.2" all around at $320 and labor is $160. at this place in Reseda, CA -- European Vision. $480 seems pretty good riiight?

1. anyone here ever had ant experience with this place?

2. does it void the warranty from the dealership on any other parts, etc...?

3. i'm stuck with the 1.2" amount right, not adjustable after installed?

4. how long will these springs last on my A3?

never had my car lowered..but i got the premium version and i feel i need it baaaad! doesn't handle as well as i feel it should.

thanks all!
e

Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Is it just me or am I the only one not satisfied with Eibach Pro Kit. Just look at my bad stance. Grrrrrrrr. Seems like only my rear is lowered. I didn't even see a difference in the front.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

On a TT you need more then 1.2 lower to make it look right. Now on the A3 that much lower just fills it out nicely. I have had 2 previous cars use the Eibach Pro Kit. I was happy with both. Gave me the handling I liked and when I felt it was to soft I just upgraded my shocks and that was great. Eibach makes a great Spring and I'm a big fan of Neuspeed and since they sell them and have them create there springs now(just what i heard) why not use them for a cheaper yet nice way to lower and tighten up your car. Oh and for $480 installed i would jump on it the only thing that will be void in warranty you wont have on the car anymore.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

The Eibach Pro-Kit springs lowered my A3 by about 1" in the rear, and 3/4" in the front, not the 1.2" as advertised. However, the car looks great (in my eyes). Low enough to fill the wheel wells, but not so low as to worry about speed bumps. These springs replaced the OEM S-Lines that came with the car. The car handles better and the ride is still very acceptable. I also purchased the Eibach rear bar to reduce the understeer inherent in any FWD. I paid $300 for the install, including a 4 wheel alignment......but our shop rates in Vancouver are pretty high compared to what you would pay.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit?