Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Engine light Pls. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Default Engine light Pls. Help!

Hi all!
Hope everyone is doing well. I have had my2006 A3 for about 6 months now and love the car. I have APR Stage 2 ECU and ATP Downpipe(no cat)and Neuspeed intake installed. Afterabout3 days of installing theDP and the Neuspeed intake, my engine ligth cameon.Does anyone have this problem?Oh,I've disconnected the battery and the engine light came off, but about 5 hoursdrive time the light comes back on. Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Engine light Pls. Help!

Yes I have the same problem. I have the APR 93 OCT. software, the turbo back APR exhaust, and the intake. The light came on and remained on until I went back to the dealer, they re-flashed the computer I lost the APR, and then I had to get everything flashed again. I spoke to APR about this and they have not had any cases yet with the A3s and software problems. This happened on the 1.8s a couple of years ago and APR came out with software to fix the code. Try contacting APR and tell them about it. It might help us all out.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:43 PM

I believe the CEL is coming from the removal of the cat, if the programming is not changed to let the car know the cat is gone, it is going to throw codes.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. My friend suggested to pick up a OBD II code reader and find out the code first. Have no idea what he was talking about. He then explain to me after. (makes sense!?) Will try the code reader and will post my result. thanks again!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

Im not sure if the REVO chip acts the same as the APR chip but when you disconnect the battery with the REVO chip on it automaticly turns off. So if your car seems slower id make sure the APR chip didn't shut off when the battery was disconnected

Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 PM

Jetta you were right! Got an OBD II code reader 2day and it scaned P0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold) Ereased the code and the CEL went away. fusionx, thanks for mentioning that! I was thinking the same thing, but it did not turn off. It's still pulling very hard and my boost gauge hits 20psi all the time vs. if I would turn off my APR then boost hits only 15psi. Thanks again for all your knowledge guys!

Lets eat! I'm hungry!