Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

evoms engine cover w/neuspeed intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
1st Gear
Default evoms engine cover w/neuspeed intake

Since I have installed the neuspeed intake, I have lost my nice looking engine cover. I really like the look of that cover. I know that evoms has a replacement engine cover that looks pretty similar to stock and it fits with their v-flow intake. the evoms and neuspeed intakes both look very similar and I am wondering if anyone knows how the evoms engine cover will fit with the neuspeed intake. I have a feeling it will still fit as their website says you dont need evoms intake to use their cover. I have also put in a call to evoms and am awaiting a call back. Also, the guys at neuspeed said they are releasing a new engine cover in about two weeks now and they said it is a beautiful thing.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: evoms engine cover w/neuspeed intake

I would wait for the neuspeed piece. There fit and finish is top notch. I miss only being 20 miles away from them.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

Have you seen the new cover? Do you know what it looks like? I think their current cover for the A3 is boring. Just carbon fiber. Their new one is supposed to be way sicker than their current one. And I like the evoms cuz it looks like the stock cover which I really like.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:20 AM
2nd Gear

Be sure to let us know if/when you hear anything about the Neuspeed cover, I'd like to see it.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

is this the cover u guys are talking about??
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=90|A3&type=11&ltyp e=ns_euro&p_id=1978

also gota quick question here. is the "Race Series Cold Air Extension Kit" in this link gonna be any different than the original P-Flo Kit?
im debating whether i should get the extention or not.

Newbie's first post!!

08 2.0 manual A3 white
S-line
Titanium package
Open Sky
Bi-Xenon
Convenience Package

Stevenfrom Irvine, ca!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM

Steven, you won't notice a huge improvement with the extension. I know that it doesn't rain much in SoCal, but you stand a chance of sucking water into the engine if you hit any puddles or got caught in a storm. You can always get the valve to help but it just becomes very expensive for no gain.

Hope to see you at an upcoming GTG.

Cheers!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

Took the words right outta my mouth chef.

Steven - Maybe its just me but no pic came up on the link you sent, but i doubt it because they haven't released pics yet. However I just spoke to them and am going to receive pics soon via email. Will post with details in a few.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

The link was cut off. You actually have to cut and paste the whole line into explorer. But it doesn't matter as it only shows the current engine cover made in carbon fiber.

I've been holding off getting an intake because I didn't want to leave the engine bare. The evoms engine cover looks decent but you have to scavenge parts from your existing OEM engine cover. If I'm not mistaken you even have to break/cut off certain tabs on the OEM engine cover for it to fit on the evoms. This was a big turn off, hence the reason why I havnt gotten a CAI.

Can't wait to see the pics on the 'neu' engine cover!~!! HURRY

Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

Don't get your panties in a bunch Dzasta!!! haha. JK

So here is the new engiine cover. Two finishes, and it is bigger overall compared to the current neuspeed engine cover. Price should stay the same as the current ($299) but may vary by $20 at max. The new looks pretty similar to the old for the most part. The evoms is only $99 though. But if its true about stealing parts and "cutting andpasting" from the OEM engine cover, evoms might not be worth it. What do you guys think?

Name:  engine_cover_wet.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  engine_cover_finish.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  65.6 KB

here is the evoms for quick reference

Name:  E2AB3333-586A-4D07-A89F-FD991B8BFBD.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  10.7 KB

Old 11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

looks nice! It resemblles the OEM cover much better now. I was hoping it wouldn't be in CF because $300 for an engine cover is a bit too steep. But it still looks like one of the best aftermarket options now.

Quick Reply: evoms engine cover w/neuspeed intake