Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

floor mat differences

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:06 PM
sc
Default floor mat differences

We just bought an '07 A3 2.0T....trouble finding all weather floor mats....does anyone know if an '05 or '06 mat would fit an '07? Are there any differences?

thanks

Old 01-13-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: floor mat differences

I had my Audi dealer throw in the Audi all weather mats (Rubber with lengthwise groove pattern) with the car. They are nice and have 'A3' embossed on them, but won't hold much in the way of snow or water depending on how much snow you get where you are. Also they are cut properly for the driver side so they won't interfere with the full length gas pedal.

I know there is another type available through the dealer and it looks like they have an ice cube tray type pattern which would catch water better but I haven't seen them in person so I can't say for sure.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

Yeah the Audi Premium All-Weather floor mats are acceptable with a nice A3 logo. They come as a full set of four, and snap in place of your carpet mats.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sc

We just bought an '07 A3 2.0T....trouble finding all weather floor mats....does anyone know if an '05 or '06 mat would fit an '07? Are there any differences?

thanks
No differences, the USA 2006 model came out late 2005, so mats are marked 2006 or newer.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 PM

I have the same mats and like them a lot. My wife tipped over a soda on the floor last weekend and the mat caught it all. My car has never seen snow, and it really doesn't rain here, but the mats definitely catches sodas!

Cheers!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

Audi also has Euro all weather floor mats, which I like because they give a little extra coverage. The Audi dealer should have them or you can order on line at http://www.clairparts.com. Actually you can order both type on line from Clair.

My dealer gave me mine for cost which was a surprise to me, but I'll take it.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

Got a pair of "all weather" rubber mats from the Wal-Mart auto section for my A3.
I spent about $25.
They definetly do the job, have absorbed and caught just about anything. Water, mud, leaves, etc.
Deep rounded rubber grooves and they look pretty cool to.

Very happy with them.

I dont see much of a difference between the pricey Audi mats the dealership tryed selling me, oh except the better price at Wal-Mart.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

Audi VW call there all weather mats Monster mats. They are great my dad has them in his Passat and there is also a trunk mat as well that looks like carpet but protects like rubber with a high lip. Also hose washable. The price on the mats is just under a $100 and worth every penny to have a mat that is designed for you vehicle instead of some cheap $@#& from Walmart. It will deffinatly be an investment for me if the new job oprotunity moves me to montana.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: dcny7777

Got a pair of "all weather" rubber mats from the Wal-Mart auto section for my A3.
I spent about $25.
They definetly do the job, have absorbed and caught just about anything. Water, mud, leaves, etc.
Deep rounded rubber grooves and they look pretty cool to.
Very happy with them.
I dont see much of a difference between the pricey Audi mats the dealership tryed selling me, oh except the better price at Wal-Mart.
You got pair of cheap rubber floor mats from Walmart that don't snap in and are not really shaped for the drivers side and front passenger side and consider that a great buy?
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Why would you think $76 (list) for a set (4) of all-weather floor mats to be pricy after buying a Audi A3? If you shopped online you could have easily found quality all-season semi-custom front rubber mats that fit the A3 for $39.95.
FYI the problem with most of those cheap mats found in stores is that they get slippery and brittle in really cold conditions, just something to be aware of when traveling.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 AM
1st Gear

Sounds like you and I have the same mats. I have an 07 A3, but got the mats for a 2006 with noproblem in fit. And of course if you get the factory mats they should fit precisely to the shape of your floor and snap in place to prevent shipping.

I wouldn't mess with aftermarket generic mats.

Quick Reply: floor mat differences