Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

floor mat differences

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: floor mat differences

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

ORIGINAL: dcny7777

Got a pair of "all weather" rubber mats from the Wal-Mart auto section for my A3.
I spent about $25.
They definetly do the job, have absorbed and caught just about anything. Water, mud, leaves, etc.
Deep rounded rubber grooves and they look pretty cool to.
Very happy with them.
I dont see much of a difference between the pricey Audi mats the dealership tryed selling me, oh except the better price at Wal-Mart.
You got pair of cheap rubber floor mats from Walmart that don't snap in and are not really shaped for the drivers side and front passenger side and consider that a great buy?
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Why would you think $76 (list) for a set (4) of all-weather floor mats to be pricy after buying a Audi A3? If you shopped online you could have easily found quality all-season semi-custom front rubber mats that fit the A3 for $39.95.
FYI the problem with most of those cheap mats found in stores is that they get slippery and brittle in really cold conditions, just something to be aware of when traveling.
Haha, relax there buddy, were talkin CAR MATS here for God's sake.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

Well bringing Walmart into a Audi discussion was like pouring gasoline on a fire, sorry couln't resist teasing you! [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 AM

These are a picture of the dealer A3 logo rubber mats. I love em!

Old 01-16-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear

Hmmm they do look sweet. I love the A3 logo.
BUT, the top right portion of the mat, it looks to be that there is nothing there.
I only see the interior carpeting from your vehicle.
Is that just the picture or is the mat meant to be like L-shaped like that?

Old 01-16-2007, 03:33 PM

That's the mat. It conforms to the rises in the floor just like the stock ones. The driver's side covers everything that the carpeted ones do as well.

Cheers!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 AM

Hey, do the Euro-style mats snap in like the A3 logo ones?

Thanks for the source info.

ORIGINAL: at1ce

Audi also has Euro all weather floor mats, which I like because they give a little extra coverage. The Audi dealer should have them or you can order on line at http://www.clairparts.com. Actually you can order both type on line from Clair.

My dealer gave me mine for cost which was a surprise to me, but I'll take it.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

I am picking up a set of the All-Weather black rubber mats this weekend myself. But it appears from the pictures online that the Euro Style mats have the holes that allow them to snap in place.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

I couldnt take the fact that my WalMart all-weather rubber mats kept interfering with my gas pedal, so I just ordered the Euro Style Rubber Mats from "audipartssuperstore.com".

I was opting between the "All-Weather Mats" with the A3 logo. But I settled on getting the Euro Rubber mats, since the picture looks like they cover more.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 PM

It's raining really hard here right now and I had to run to the store. Man, I do love my rubber mats!

Cheers!

Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

I can't wait to have mine. Everything soils the beige mats. Right now I'm using my old jeep rubber mats that don't fit...its so annoying!

Quick Reply: floor mat differences