Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

FULL Milltek System Fitted...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:06 AM
1st Gear
Default FULL Milltek System Fitted...

Hi all,

Iv jut had fitted a Big Bore Milltek Downpipe, Milltek Performance Cat and Milltek Cat Back System.

Its amazing, the performance has improved so much, and is much more responsive!

However, i have2 questions,

The exhaust sounds like no other iv heard, it sounds asif the air is flowing through small pieces ofglas, is the only way i can describe it, it has a slight chugger sounds when reved slightly and the more throttle the faster the chugger gets untill i can hear the above sound!

Its not a terrible sound, but is it normal?

And the second question!!!!

When going round a left bend if the revs are high (accelerating) around a bend normall in 2nd and 3rd there is a extremely bad, high pitched sharp vibrating sound and feel coming from the the sterring wheel just behind the dash, if i accelerate while going round a long bend then stop and start the vibrations stops and starts, this never happend before the system instal?

PELEASE HELP ME

Hope you understand my rediculous examples

Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Default RE: FULL Milltek System Fitted...

A FULL exhaust on the A3 is very loud, so I'm not surprised about that.

As for the sound behind the dash, my guess it that your DP is somehow rubbing or causing the problem since it comes very close to the firewall, exactly where you are noticing the noise. Definitely get in there and check it out.

Cheers!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
1st Gear

Its a none-resonated exhaust, so it really isnt loud at all, just the high pitched, turbo whining through the catalyst full of glass sound?The deepness is not far of a stock sound!

How could it be the DV whenits a constant buzzing sound and feel?and only when im turning left?

Very confusing

Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: dqx2001

Its a none-resonated exhaust, so it really isnt loud at all, just the high pitched, turbo whining through the catalyst full of glass sound?The deepness is not far of a stock sound!

How could it be the DV whenits a constant buzzing sound and feel?and only when im turning left?

Very confusing
I never suggested that it was the DV, I said DP. If you look towards the firewall, directly next to your turbo, you'll see the downpipe. Check to see if it is knocking against anything. Also, check under the car to make sure the hangers are properly fitted into the two rubber grommets. You've got something bumping in there.

Tell you what, come over tonight and I'll show you how the DP comes off and get's installed? But, you're buying the beers.

Cheers!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

You da man chef, ill get looking, cheers, CA is a little to far

Old 02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
2nd Gear

Yea best thing is to jack her up and check underneath from downpipe down all the way to the rear.
Mine had a huge vibration problem when shifted in reverse, the pipe was rubbing unto the body of the car .
You might have to bring it back to whomever installed it and they'll have to center it all better for ya.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

seems like clearance issues
to OP let us know what happens

Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

Thanks Lads,

Supposed to take it Tuesday morning, but im working now ill let you know how it goes, the DP option sounds promising!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

^^^ it happens

Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear

Once you get it fixed will you post up a vid of the exhaust reving a bit?

Quick Reply: FULL Milltek System Fitted...