Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

GMG

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
1st Gear
Default GMG

Has anyone in Southern California had mods done at GMG in Santa Ana? Wondering anyone's thoughts on them.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: GMG

They're freakin expensive as hell. They've done work to my car and will not even consider of going back there again. You'reat the bottom of theirlist if you don't show up in a Porsche. Even if you had an appointment, you'll get bumped if a guy in a Porsche shows up just to talk.....place is a joke

Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

Wow. good to know. its a shame to hear things like that. But I am glad I asked. don't think Ill be going there. Think its gonna be eurocode for me! Anyone have negative thoughts on them? I don't suspect it but you never know.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
SoCal Crew Member

No one has really had any issues with Eurocode, I haven't gone there myself. I have however been to Pure Motorsports in Temecula, twice in fact. It's kinda' far, but to me it's worth the drive. Mike is an awesome guy, great service

Old 11-09-2007, 03:06 AM
1st Gear

i have two friends that went to gmg, one w/ a rs4 and he did a full stasis kit and they set it up very nicely and the other took his gti just for the ecu upgrade (he paid $500 otd i think). they both had no complaints. i think i might go to them for the ecu upgrade and if i like the service i'll have them do the coil-over set up. ya i know i'll be paying more but i dont mind when they seem to have top of the line equipment and can dial in a car the exact way you want. but we'll see

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

Let me know how your experience goes. I have time. Still waiting for my 5k service before I do any work. I'm big on attitude at places like that. I don't mind overpaying so much but if it's like socaljoe says about their whack attitude then I'd rather go elsewhere.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

Just an update...Spoke to eurocode today and they quoted under $2100 for APR chip and full APR exhaust including labor. GMG quoted me about $2400 and that was with a deal. Now I can spend that savings on a few extra programs. They also have a night mechanic which is good cuz I work 12 to 15 hours a day, six days a week!

Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

wow dude you work alot. ya $300 is quite a bit, i would do the same. post a review on how it all goes.

good luck

Old 11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: U.A.V.

wow dude you work alot. ya $300 is quite a bit, i would do the same. post a review on how it all goes.

good luck

Yeah...Pimpin aint easy! hah. kidding. It's gonna be a few weeks. But I know what mods ima do so just gotta save up some funds and make sure the mortgage is taken care of first! But I will definitely let you know!

Old 12-22-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

Hi,

I had GMG do my APR chip, Cabino intake and full APR exhuast. I admit they are more expensive, but I found their service and knowledgeto be first rate. I live in the Temuclua Valley, I am glad to here some of you say they do good work. I am looking to get suspension work done next.

Shaun