Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Got one!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Got one!

Picked up my A3 a few days ago and I love it!

A few questions:

1) I can get the wheels to spin accelerating from a stop with ESP *on*. I thought ESP was supposed to eliminate any wheelspin?

2) Does/should the car come from the dealer with a good wax? I don't have a garage for it so I'm worried about protecting the paint. Should I put on a good coat of wax myself ASAP?

3) I regret not getting the Xenon headlamps. Are there any good aftermarket options for HID lights?

4) Any news on clear sidemarkers for s-line bumpers?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Got one!

1)idk, but im sure wheels will spin no matter what the conditions, that should LIMIT the wheel spin, not eliminate it
2)yes and yes you can, make sure you use a new pad every time, get good wax (turtle wax) and wash before waxing....use a soft wash cloth or mit, and throw in the washer after every use...to avoid scratching paint...you have a dark color so expect the smallest scratches to stick out like a mexican at a KFC

3)yes, try websites like jcwhitney.com and andysautosprt.com also look around for privat sellers or ask stryker about the LEDs he has
4) wouldnt know, but it looks like you can get after market ones at one of the 2 sites i posted

Old 01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

get side markers painted the color of the car mine is lava grey also ill post pics asap
congrats on the car

Old 01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: austina3

get side markers painted the color of the car mine is lava grey also ill post pics asap
congrats on the car
+1

I just bought a new set from the dealer to get painted the color of my car. Death to side markers imo.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:23 AM
2nd Gear

The wheels will spin with ESP on, but they will jitter like a **** and gain traction much quicker. With ESP off, I can spin the wheels well into 3rd gear with ease.

I don't think the S-Line side markers are out yet, but I recently saw one of the major sites (ECS, I think?) gauging interest over at VWvortex/Fourtitude. Hopefully that means they'll be coming soon.