Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Have VW CC, about to trade for A3TDI

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 AM
1st Gear
Default Have VW CC, about to trade for A3TDI

We drove the A3 home tonight and are having a tough time deciding whether to keep it. On the plus side, it has better driving visibility and better seating position for my 5' wife. The hatchback is easier to load and unload than the CC's huge trunk. The mileage should be considerably better than the CC's 30 mpg. It seats five and has better rear legroom than the CC. But on the minus side, the amenities are nearly as nice as in the CC: no cornering lights, no puddle lights, no heated seats, no heated mirrors, no touch-screen stereo, no ipod control, no CD changer, less shoulder room, not nearly as roomy-feeling interior, no automatic wipers, no automatic dimming mirror, no full-sized spare tire. And all that is STANDARD on the CC. Then there are economic considerations - with all the CC's available and the great leasing and interest rate programs, it makes it hard to sell my 2010, and trade in value is only auction value, more than $3000 less than I owe on it. And the smaller Audi costs close to five thousand more than my much better equipped CC did. And finally, there's the intangible - how do we give up our gorgeous, comfortable, superb performing and handling CC for an entry level car that looks like a kids car? We have until tonight to decide. It will bump our payment from $499 to $689 and add a year to our payments...