Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Hello...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Default Hello...

Hey,

Been looking at these forums for the past few weeks. Noticed a handfull of the members are from Southern California, which is always nice.

I had the chance to test drive a 2.0T A3 this morning at Mission Viejo Audi and fell in love with the car. So within about a month or two, I will be getting a Silver A3, with technology package, S-line with S-tronic and the sunroof. I really want the lava grey, but with my work schedule and no garage to park the car in, i figured silver might be a little more for me.

I had a question, it seems like a stage I ecu is the way to go for the first upgrade. How long after I get the car should I wait before I get the ecu? I was planning on getting a clear front bumper bra, tint, and a drop in K&N air filter on the first day, then a ecu later on and I should be happy with that for a while. Oh, I was also probably going to get the Revo mapping.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 AM
Default RE: Hello...

Wait as long as you're comfortable. Some drive it from the dealer to the tuning shop. I waited for 4k miles before I chipped the car. I figured to get the engine broken in and check to make sure there weren't any major defects before I started modding.

You might want to hold off on the K&N drop in if you think you might do the CAI in the future. Why waste the money?

Good choice on cars and we just had a SoCal GTG today at the Irvine Spectrum. Check out the West Forum at the bottom of the page for details and pics. We usually meet on the last Sunday of the month. Come on out, meet us all, and we'll show you how to spend a fortune on your car. LOL

Cheers!

Old 01-29-2007, 03:17 AM

I saw the meet at the spectrum for today. But I had already scheduled my test drive at noon. Ill try and make it to the next one for sure. Hopefully it will be with my A3 and not the golf.

I might get a CAI later on, but i think after the tint, stage I and the filter I might focus on paying off the car some before I do anything else to it. Ill need a car first though...

Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: deamon32

I saw the meet at the spectrum for today. But I had already scheduled my test drive at noon.
[:@]... Everyone was giving test drives today at the meet.